Wireless internet connection only works as administrator

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I purchased a wireless router and network card from
Belkin. I had no problem getting onto the internet and
also was able set up a network. However, when I logged in
as a user that does not have admin privileges the wireless
card would not enable the radio frequency to turn on. Is
there something in my user settings that I can fix to
allow this card to operate under non admin login's. I
called Belkin and they said the since everything works in
admin mode there is something wrong with my windows
settings. If anyone knows what I can do to resolve this
problem or has any suggestions I would really appreciate
the help.

Thanks!

Nick

You are being denied a permission somewhere along the line. I would first start by
giving the users group modify ntfs permissions to the folder where the files are
located for the Belkin Utility. Look in Event Viewer for any errors that may help
with the problem. If you are comfortable with working with the registry, you could
search for registry keys named Belkin and make sure that the user account that you
are using has permissions to the registry key. The first place I would look would be
to use regedt32 and look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER / software and under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /software. You might also want to post in a wireless newsgroup or
forum. --- Steve