Closed

Share / NTFS permissions audit

I need to perform an audit of Share and NTFS permissions on some NT
and W2K servers. What tools are available out there to dump the share
and NTFS permissions out to a text or .csv file? Are there any
resource kit or other Microsoft utilities that can do this?

Any advice would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about share ntfs permissions audit

    Andrew S. wrote:

    > I need to perform an audit of Share and NTFS permissions on some NT
    > and W2K servers. What tools are available out there to dump the share
    > and NTFS permissions out to a text or .csv file? Are there any
    > resource kit or other Microsoft utilities that can do this?
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.
    Hi

    This one might be an option:

    DumpSec (formerly known as DumpAcl)
    Free, has command line interface as well
    http://www.somarsoft.com/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
  2. I was searching around for something that can audit share and NTFS permissions on Windows servers, and just like the last post, wanted something that would spit out a .CSV file. Unfortunately, I could only find posts from years ago, but I found something that does it now.

    There's a new(ish) tool called Aprigo NINJA that lets you audit NTFS permissions and get alerts when permissions change.

    It isn't free, but they do have free 14 day trials. I've only got a few days left and no budget, but it's pretty nice.

NTFS Microsoft Permissions Windows