logon failure

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 9, 2004 2:51:04 PM

We have a user on the network that is having problems with logging on. She
is able to log in anywhere from 3-15 times and then the PC starts giving
error messages as if she typed the password incorrectly. I have been able to
log in as her on other PC's but on hers it will not let that login work until
the profile is deleted off the PC. We have deleted her profile (not account,
she still has the same SID) and reimaged her PC but this problem continues to
come up. We are on a Windows 2000 network and her PC is 2000 Pro. Anyone
have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks in adavance,
clendeni

More about : logon failure

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 11:33:24 PM

Check to see if event viewer records any pertinent messages and first enable auditing
of logon events on her computer so that you can also view logon events in the
security log that may be helpful. The security log can also display if any logons are
type 11 cached logons which may indicate network connectivity problems to a domain
controller. Also verify that tcp/ip configuration is correct - particularly dns
preferred server and run netdiag on that computer now and the next time she is having
problems looking for failed tests/errors/warnings. It could be a problem with network
card, cable, switch ports, etc. --- Steve

!