logon failure

We have a user on the network that is having problems with logging on. She
is able to log in anywhere from 3-15 times and then the PC starts giving
error messages as if she typed the password incorrectly. I have been able to
log in as her on other PC's but on hers it will not let that login work until
the profile is deleted off the PC. We have deleted her profile (not account,
she still has the same SID) and reimaged her PC but this problem continues to
come up. We are on a Windows 2000 network and her PC is 2000 Pro. Anyone
have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks in adavance,
clendeni
1 answer Last reply
More about logon failure

    Check to see if event viewer records any pertinent messages and first enable auditing
    of logon events on her computer so that you can also view logon events in the
    security log that may be helpful. The security log can also display if any logons are
    type 11 cached logons which may indicate network connectivity problems to a domain
    controller. Also verify that tcp/ip configuration is correct - particularly dns
    preferred server and run netdiag on that computer now and the next time she is having
    problems looking for failed tests/errors/warnings. It could be a problem with network
    card, cable, switch ports, etc. --- Steve

    "clendeni" <bclenden[nospam]@tchd.org> wrote in message
    > We have a user on the network that is having problems with logging on. She
    > is able to log in anywhere from 3-15 times and then the PC starts giving
    > error messages as if she typed the password incorrectly. I have been able to
    > log in as her on other PC's but on hers it will not let that login work until
    > the profile is deleted off the PC. We have deleted her profile (not account,
    > she still has the same SID) and reimaged her PC but this problem continues to
    > come up. We are on a Windows 2000 network and her PC is 2000 Pro. Anyone
    > have any suggestions as to how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks in adavance,
    > clendeni

Login Windows