Who disabled this account?

Hello,

We would like to know who disabled an account on our
exchange server. Is there an event ID to look for.

Thanks

If you mean local user account then you first need to enable auditing of account
management and then view the security log for Event ID 629. The link below goes into
more detail on auditing including specific Event ID's. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx

"lara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We would like to know who disabled an account on our
> exchange server. Is there an event ID to look for.
>

> Thanks

I mean a domain user account (mailbox enabled).

OK. Then enable auditing of account management in the Domain Controller Security
Policy and look in the security logs of the domain controllers for Event ID 629. Be
sure to increase the size of the security logs on the domain controllers quite a bit
from default. 10MB would be a good starting point. You can use the filter view in
Event Viewer to narrow down the search for a particular event or use something like
the free Event Comb from Microsoft to scan multiple computer logs for events by
particular criteria. --- Steve