problems accessing after workgroup change

I needed to copy my work Outlook PST file to my home PC
from my work PC (Windows 2000), I changed the work
computer network properties to my home Workgroup name (it
was set to my work domain), the PC asked to reboot which
I did, now I can't log-on to the PC at all.

I can see the PC on my home network but I can't access
it, I have tried my work network ID and password.

Can someone please advise how I can at least get back in
to change back to the work domain, I really don't want to
call the work helpdesk.

Any help appreciated....

Adrian
1 answer Last reply
More about problems accessing workgroup change

    Hi Adrian,

    Since you removed your computer from domain you can no longer user your
    domain account on this computer for logging on. You have to use local user
    account (like Administrator that is created by default) for logon. If you
    don't know the password for local user account, talk to your system
    administrator. He should be able to help you and join your PC back to
    domain.

    You don't have to change workgroups or domain to connect two different
    system. One can be in domain or workgroup A and the other can be in domain
    or workgroup B. What you can do is map network drive. I like using command
    line for this task.

    net use x: \\other_ip\share /user:mike password

    x: is the network drive letter
    \\other_ip\ is address of the other computer on the network e.g.
    \\192.168.0.1\
    \share is name of the share that you are trying to access
    mike is the username on computer \\192.168.0.1
    and of course the password for the account.

    Mike

    "Adrian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I needed to copy my work Outlook PST file to my home PC
    > from my work PC (Windows 2000), I changed the work
    > computer network properties to my home Workgroup name (it
    > was set to my work domain), the PC asked to reboot which
    > I did, now I can't log-on to the PC at all.
    >
    > I can see the PC on my home network but I can't access
    > it, I have tried my work network ID and password.
    >
    > Can someone please advise how I can at least get back in
    > to change back to the work domain, I really don't want to
    > call the work helpdesk.
    >
    > Any help appreciated....
    >
    > Adrian

Windows