Lou's Garage Mission (spoilers)

Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
Rave Party one.

"Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
say:

>Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
>(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
>they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
>Rave Party one.

It was an issue 2 change, and there are a few other ones that changed
about the same time.
The first hellion mission had a building with bonfires and smoke all
through it.
The first skull mission had an actual drug lab sortof. More gear to
make it look like one instead of a couple of those porta-labs to click
on.
First BP mission had carved idols and various other "native" things in
it.
Some of the Freak missions have a very distinctive look to them now with
junk machinery and patchwork walls.

Eventually I guess all missions are supposed to look like the faction
that owns the area.

Xocyll

"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
> "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
> say:
>

> >Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
> >(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
> >they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
> >Rave Party one.
>
> It was an issue 2 change, and there are a few other ones that changed
> about the same time.
> The first hellion mission had a building with bonfires and smoke all
> through it.

That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I could feel the
flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it comes so early and so many of
the later ones are the same as they ever were with a few doors or totems
added in.

"Andy Pear" <Andy_Pear@Spamhawk.com> wrote in message

| "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
| > "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
| > entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
| > say:
| >

| > >Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
| > >(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
| > >they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
| > >Rave Party one.
| >
| > It was an issue 2 change, and there are a few other ones that changed
| > about the same time.
| > The first hellion mission had a building with bonfires and smoke all
| > through it.
|
| That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I could feel
the
| flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it comes so early and so many of
| the later ones are the same as they ever were with a few doors or totems
| added in.

You could "FEEL THE FLAMES AND SMELL THE SMOKE?!?" call the Fire
Department RIGHT NOW, your house is on fire!

"Andy Pear" <Andy_Pear@Spamhawk.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
>> "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>> say:
>>

>> >Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
>> >(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
>> >they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
>> >Rave Party one.
>>
>> It was an issue 2 change, and there are a few other ones that changed
>> about the same time.
>> The first hellion mission had a building with bonfires and smoke all
>> through it.
>
>That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I could feel the
>flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it comes so early and so many of
>the later ones are the same as they ever were with a few doors or totems
>added in.

I know what you mean.
I swear my eyes started watering from all that smoke. :)

As a "shape of things to come" indicator it's good.
Someday, all missions will look that good, hopefully.

Now if they'd just get the damned Winged AT in the game already and not
make it a pseudo-gimp like the kheldians.

Xocyll

In article <ARBGd.2278$ef6.867@trnddc07>, Andy Pear wrote:

> "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
>> "Magnus, Robot Fighter." <me@key.com> looked up from reading the
>> entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs
>> say:
>>

>> >Apparently the devs have made his garage look like an actual garage.
>> >(if this was pre Issue #2, I didn't see it.) Kudos to the devs. I wish
>> >they could give each mission a distinctive flair like this one and the
>> >Rave Party one.
>>
>> It was an issue 2 change, and there are a few other ones that changed
>> about the same time.
>> The first hellion mission had a building with bonfires and smoke all
>> through it.
>
> That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I
> could feel the flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it
> comes so early and so many of the later ones are the same as
> they ever were with a few doors or totems added in.

It's still good planning on their part.

Anybody else see the revamped Tsoo scenery that came with update
3? It's sweet.

--
Neil Cerutti

In article <351vqfF4fb48mU3@individual.net>, Neil Cerutti wrote:
> In article <ARBGd.2278$ef6.867@trnddc07>, Andy Pear wrote:
>> That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I
>> could feel the flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it
>> comes so early and so many of the later ones are the same as
>> they ever were with a few doors or totems added in.
>
> It's still good planning on their part.
>
> Anybody else see the revamped Tsoo scenery that came with update
> 3? It's sweet.

It looks like a lot of the "intro to this faction" missions got priority
on the new artwork. The first missions for the Skulls, Hellions,
Pantheon, Freakshow, Tsoo...

Hopefully this will be extended from there, now that they've got the
basic tile set changes down. The lighting engine seems to have gotten an
upgrade in Issue 3 as well - lots of those missions have shadowing and
fog.

--
--- An' thou dost not get caught, do as thou wilt shall be the law ---
"Religion disperses like a fog, kingdoms perish, but the works of

"sw" <sw@eyrie.org> wrote in message
| In article <351vqfF4fb48mU3@individual.net>, Neil Cerutti wrote:
| > In article <ARBGd.2278$ef6.867@trnddc07>, Andy Pear wrote:
| >> That layout redux is the most immersive in the game, IMO. I
| >> could feel the flames and smell the smoke. It's a shame it
| >> comes so early and so many of the later ones are the same as
| >> they ever were with a few doors or totems added in.
| >
| > It's still good planning on their part.
| >
| > Anybody else see the revamped Tsoo scenery that came with update
| > 3? It's sweet.
|
| It looks like a lot of the "intro to this faction" missions got priority
| on the new artwork. The first missions for the Skulls, Hellions,
| Pantheon, Freakshow, Tsoo...
|
| Hopefully this will be extended from there, now that they've got the
| basic tile set changes down. The lighting engine seems to have gotten an
| upgrade in Issue 3 as well - lots of those missions have shadowing and
| fog.

And a weirdass "insta-fog" near the Magic Store in Talos on the outdoor
map.

sw <sw@eyrie.org> wrote in news:slrncuo03s.k7j.sw@haven.eyrie.org:

> It looks like a lot of the "intro to this faction" missions got priority
> on the new artwork. The first missions for the Skulls, Hellions,
> Pantheon, Freakshow, Tsoo...

Not only that. My L8 scrapper was running through the Hollows missions, and
got to the Outcast Base missions. The load screen has changed as well. It
had a very comic-booky title to it. "The approaching Storm" or something
along that lines.

--
Marcel

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@sympaINVALIDtico.ca> wrote:
> Not only that. My L8 scrapper was running through the Hollows
> missions, and got to the Outcast Base missions. The load screen has
> changed as well. It had a very comic-booky title to it. "The
> approaching Storm" or something along that lines.

Why are the load screens often random, not even from the same group of foes
you're entering to fight?

I also get what appear to be story arc load screens at random intervals,
too. Is this normal, and why?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

George Johnson wrote:

> And a weirdass "insta-fog" near the Magic Store in Talos on the outdoor
> map.

A bug now fixed on Test.

--
John Parkinson