Setup hangs at 7 minutes

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi folks,
I have a new hard drive and trying to re-install Windows XP Pro. It is
stalling or hanging at "Setup will complete in approximately 7 minutes"
"Saving Settings". It gets about half way through this step and stops. I've
taken all cards out except video card, (Diamond Viper V550), and ATA/100
disk controller card, new hard drive and TDK 24/10/40x VeloCD cd drive and
3.5" floppy drive. I've tried this a few times, but keeps stopping. I've
tried Google and Microsoft.com searches to no avail. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
GReg

You are doing the installation by selecting the CD drive as the first boot
device in your BIOS and allowing your system to boot with the disk in the CD
drive?