Win2k server does'nt propogate security settings to Win2k3

Andy

Just built a new domain and started testing. I have a
Win2k domain controller, 1 client, and 1 win2k3 server
acting as a file server. I set some security settings on
the domain, and they propogated down to the win2k client,
but not to the Win2k3 file server. Both the client and
win2k3 server are members of the domain. Any ideas?

Hi Andy,

What are the settings? Did you run

gpupdate /force on Windows 2003? Did you reboot it?

Mike

"andy" <andyizheer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just built a new domain and started testing. I have a
> Win2k domain controller, 1 client, and 1 win2k3 server
> acting as a file server. I set some security settings on
> the domain, and they propogated down to the win2k client,
> but not to the Win2k3 file server. Both the client and
> win2k3 server are members of the domain. Any ideas?

Andy

All I tested was the propogation of the warning message
title and text. After forcing the update, it took. But the
application log shows a mess of problems with WMI, which
are totally archaic. Will do a re-install to see if this
clears up the problems.

TRENDING THREADS