Comparison of registry before after

Winxp.
I Ran "fc before.reg after.reg > changes.txt" (without quotes)from the
run command. I got a huge 1.83 MB text file. A few lines of the text
file are as under:
_____________________________
Comparing files BEFORE.REG and AFTER.REG
***** BEFORE.REG
,
***** AFTER.REG
,
*****

***** BEFORE.REG
,
***** AFTER.REG
,
7
*****
Please guide what is the interpretation of this?
1 answer Last reply
More about comparison registry after

    The registry is being constantly accessed and updated. Using FC on the
    registry is just a wee bit futile and won't tell you a thing.

    Exactly what are you attempting to accomplish?

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "igno" <veshno@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Winxp.
    > I Ran "fc before.reg after.reg > changes.txt" (without quotes)from the run
    > command. I got a huge 1.83 MB text file. A few lines of the text file are
    > as under:
    > _____________________________
    > Comparing files BEFORE.REG and AFTER.REG
    > ***** BEFORE.REG
    > ,
    > ***** AFTER.REG
    > ,
    > *****
    >
    > ***** BEFORE.REG
    > ,
    > ***** AFTER.REG
    > ,
    > 7
    > *****
    > Please guide what is the interpretation of this?

Command Prompt Microsoft Registry Windows XP