What to buy in Hong Kong

Bankkkai

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Hi all,

I'm gonna build my new PC somewhere in summer 2011. The reason being is that I'm going for a 1 month trip to Hong Kong and I know priced there are lower for PC components and such.

Now, the questions I have are:

1) How do I know if I buy an Intel CPU it is a real brand product? Does Intel have some packaging unique features that make it genuine?

2) If I buy an SSD there, which SSD should it be? (considering OCZ is not something I want to buy due to its problems apparently)

If you have ever been to Hong Kong, I would appreciate your advices on where to buy and what parts.

G

Hi - Did you have any luck in Hong Kong ?

I'm out there for a couple of days only and, if cheaper that UK prices (which I hope!) I want to pick up some components :-

CPU, RAM, MOBO & GFX CARD.

Could you give me a clue on what to expect and where best to look ?

Thanks,

Andy

Bankkkai

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
Hi - Did you have any luck in Hong Kong ?

I'm out there for a couple of days only and, if cheaper that UK prices (which I hope!) I want to pick up some components :-

CPU, RAM, MOBO & GFX CARD.

Could you give me a clue on what to expect and where best to look ?

Thanks,

Andy

hey Andy,

No, sry, the trip got cancelled, it's a long story....anyways, i know the prices there are lower than in UK, the question is by how much. They basically have a huge area dedicated to just PC components somewhere in the centre...But since i never went there, i can't help u. Good luck though~

Golden Computer Centre in Sham Shui Po.

Things in there are genuine. I was planning to buy a SSD and an USB 3.0 RAID enclosure there last year on my trip to Asia but I spend too much in Japan and don't have enough money left to buy them.