Gaming Case concern

Hard to say with out knowing what you are going to put in it...

I have used it before in low to mid range builds the included PSU (the su-430) is a seasonic based unit OEM'd for antec. A winning combination, unless you want something to handle an OC'd DX10 build or SLI, maybe upgrade the psu in that case.

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
This is the most general post ever.

Yes, it is possible to build a gaming rig with that case...
It is also possible to build a gaming rig screwed to a piece of wood...
Or stapled to your ceiling
Or inside a dead animal carcass

ethel

Distinguished
May 20, 2006

rofl

A dead animal carcass? I wonder if that's ever been done ...

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005

rofl

A dead animal carcass? I wonder if that's ever been done ...

haha i dunno... I'm seriously considering trying to be the first though

shelly84

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007

Sorry for such a generalization, I don't have all the parts picked yet, but I'm looking to build a rig that will be able to play oblivion on high settings and I want a case that won't overheat, or burn out the CPU fan every other week, so I was just seeing if this case would do well.

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
a Mid tower will work fine if you have a couple of good fans and make sure to route your cabling well. As far as I know most mid towers won't fit an 8800GTX Though, if that has any bearing on the situation

chyort

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
take a stuffed bear, shove the motherboard into the guts. run a big tube from its butt, to the motherboard, to the mouth... put a big, Loud fan in the mouth, blowing out, and have it run full blast... and you have yourself a "Roaring" bear computer

:lol:

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Guess that makes sense.

I was planning to get a Mid case with the 8800gtx [or their next best] but i really dont wanna cramp it up tho. Do more ppl have Full towers for their GTX then with a Mid?

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
I'll be the first to come out and say I don't necessarily recommend that Antec case.

A few reasons why:
It doesn't have a lot of airflow coming from the front of the case. Like take the Cooler Master Centurion 5 for example, it has a front grill type of ventilation that means you can put in an intake fan which would give you an input and output flow.

It also looks like it'd be rather difficult to install a fan in the hard drive enclosure to begin with. The Power Supply, as others have noted, is merely a Seasonic stamped with Antec on it, but for over-clocking, not a very good 12V amp over all to support the higher voltages.

I wouldn't recommend using anything other than an E4300 + 7600GT + One SATA Hard drive + one optical drive + two sticks of ram on that particular PSU.

A nice case, definitely good enough for the average gamer and if you install a side mounted exhaust fan, it has potential to offer good cooling, but it won't support a front mounted intake fan without cutting the front panel, which will potentially make it ugly or obnoxious looking.

For $100 though, you could've definitely gotten a more gamer-friendly case like the Thermaltake Armor Jr. or maybe even an Antec P180.

If you plan on using an 8800GTX, be aware that the card is somewhat longer than the usual vga card by about 1 1/2 inches. Depending on the mobo, it may not fit because it bunps into the drive cage. Try and find someone who has actually used the card in the case. Also, the 8800GTX needs two pci-e power plugs; The supplied psu may not have them. Alternatively, the 8800GTS is a small step down, but is shorter and needs only one plug. It should fit nicely. If you plan on using a C2D processor, I think the cooling will be OK because the 8800 cooler is very good at exhausting heat out the back of the case.