The R600 board is 9 inches long

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
Everyone stop saying it is a foot long. That is the OEM. The Retail will be 9 inches long.

Do people not read the articles? I mean someone posts the article (this has happened 3 times) and everyone replies with "OH EM GEE ITS 12 INCHES THAT NOT GONNA FIT ANYWEHRE!!!"

Sorry, but there have been several posts about it and everyone keeps saying that without reading the entire article.

12+" OMFG! That's HUGE!

Wait no it's not, THIS is HUGE!

bfast3gtx0.jpg

Edited to ensure people can see the pic.

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Sweet. :p I just wish they would have put a 3dFX chip on there too. :)

Actually it's on the original (VooDoo3), the one above is Cleeve's updated version for me;

bf3d2000xn4.jpg
/quote]

WOOT 100th Post. I'm like a member now. I get like $100 bucks or something don't I?? :) hehehe

Yeah theres the 3dfx. They did rule back in the day. At least in my opinion anyhow. :)

"(I had to edit because now I have an avatar.. sweet :p)"

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
(Going off-topic here, sorry, but there's no much more to say about the length of the R600)

I don't know about "Intel coming back" to the GPU market... Their onboard solutions suck for gaming, and the last Intel video card (real card) I remember is the i740. No one remembers that one, I wonder why... :roll:

My guess? Intel is going to do a serious "hit and miss".

I wish I agreed, with you cause I think intel will pretty much destroy the high end market by dragging everyone to the middle, and then sucking the profit out of it between them and AMD.

They are very serious about making VPUs, they see it as their future, as does AMD.

This may give you some insight into what I've been saying for a while, just now there's new info;

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37548

I don't think this means the end for nV so much as the end of the high end VPUs. IMO nV can easily survive if they aline themselves with someone like VIA for the x86 license.

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
Multi-threaded GPUs? Oh, come on, it may be the "future", but a very distant future IMO.

Multi-threaded (CPU) games are just being released (or updated with a patch), and Intel is talking about multi-threaded GPUs?

I'll admit that parallelism is the way of the future. But this is going a bit too fast... Talking about DX11? DX10 cards just arrived!

To me this is nonsense.

Multi-core GPUs work the same way as today's GPUs? (in terms of data processing, software level). I mean, a "64-thread multi-core GPU" would work like a "64 unified stream processors GPU"?

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006

I remember reading the issue of MaximumPC in which that card was published. I do believe the original had a Rive TNT2, Matrox G400, Voodoo3, S3 Virge, and Rage128 chip, though, and all that RAM added up to a now average 256MB.

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Forget trying to fit it in your case. Just build the PC in your bathtub and fill it with oil for cooling. Although, I'm not entirely sure that the top of the card won't stick up out of your bathtub.

I'd love to see this thing rack up against an 8800GTX and a Bitchin' Fast 3D2000. 425 Bungholiomarks? Pshaw.

Multiplectic

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
I'd love to see this thing rack up against an 8800GTX and a Bitchin' Fast 3D2000. 425 Bungholiomarks? Pshaw.

Ahem. Now it's Bitchin' Fast 3DX2000 UltraPro GTXTX.

I'd say that one is really hard to beat (10 GB vs 2.12 GB? Go figure). :wink: