Dead but Alive

I saved my game right before attempting to open a door that turned
out to be trapped. The trap killed my character, so I reloaded the
saved game. But, when it reloaded, I found myself in front of the door
(glowing red so trap is still active), but my character is lying on the
ground ... apparently dead ... but still alive.

The console starts with "Somone killed [my character's name]" ...
however, I have the amount of health left that I had when I saved the
game originally. I can drink potions and cast spells. If I try and
heal, my character stands up, casts the spell, gets the health increase,
and then flops right back down on the ground. I tried using the Stone
of Recall, and as soon as I appear in the temple, I fall to the ground
again. The only thing I can't do is move around.

Is there a way to fix this? I create a new save when I enter a new
area, and then just periodically save over that same slot repeatedly.
So, reloading an older save, which does restore me to walking upright,
would require redoing quite a lot of Chapter 3.

TIA

Taking a moment's reflection, mhicaoidh mused:

| I saved my game right before attempting to open a door that turned
| out to be trapped. The trap killed my character, so I reloaded the
| saved game. But, when it reloaded, I found myself in front of the
| door (glowing red so trap is still active), but my character is lying
| on the ground ... apparently dead ... but still alive.

I solved this issue, so I'll post what I did so it might help
others. It turns out I could not cast somatic spells due to "not having
full use of my arms" ... whatever. But, I could rest, though I flopped
back down to the ground after resting.

So, I tried saving the game *while* resting. I then reloaded the
save. When I completed the rest cycle, I no longer flopped to the
ground, and could move around again. I did this after Stoning back to
the temple. I don't know if that's relevant, though.