Remote users and password change

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Is there a way for remote users to change their domain
passwords utilizing Outlook? They use the microsoft dialup
to create VPN connections.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

They should be able to change their password while using VPN if using a W2K rras
server domain member and it may help if they use the domain name when they logon to
the VPN which can be configured in the VPN connection properties/options if using the
W2K or XP client. Have them try ctrl-alt-delete to see if they can change their
password. --- Steve

"Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way for remote users to change their domain
> passwords utilizing Outlook? They use the microsoft dialup
> to create VPN connections.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

Hi Pete,

They can actually use Outlook to change password (if they are connecting to
Exchange server).

Open Outlook > Click on Options > Other tab > Advanced button > Custom Forms
button > Password.

Users have to first enter old password and then new password twice.

I hope this helps,

Mike

"Pete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way for remote users to change their domain
> passwords utilizing Outlook? They use the microsoft dialup
> to create VPN connections.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Thanks for your help. I tried using Outlook to change it
and I get an error NT Domain password cannot be changed.
The account is currently restricted.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pete