Cisco Firewall

matt

We have a cisco pix 55e firewall on our companies network.
Can anyone tell me how to log certain users internet
usage, such as where they go, how long they were there
etc? Any help would be great.

I don't know how to use that firewall but I suggest you post in a Cisco forum to see
if that firewall has the ability to log internet access as you want. I know that my
Netscreen 5XP will log the IP address of a computer connected to a website by it's IP
adddress and for how long. Otherwise that can not be done natively with the Windows
2000 operating system. ISA server can be used as a gateway/firewall on a Windows
domain and create detailed reports of user usage. --- Steve

"Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a cisco pix 55e firewall on our companies network.
> Can anyone tell me how to log certain users internet
> usage, such as where they go, how long they were there
> etc? Any help would be great.

Agreed. Also, unless you have per-user authentication required to get to
the Internet, or are using static IP addresses everywhere, it may be
difficult to reliably correlate firewall log entries with which user
generated it. If you can't enable authentication on your firewall for some
reason, you may need a proxy server.