Help with an Error Message AVSYNMGR.EXE

I just reinstalled Mcaffee virus protection on a computer,
and now everytime that I turn on my computer, I get this
error message:
"AVSYNMGR.EXE has generated errors and will be closed, by
Windows. You will need to restart the program."

Restarting the computer does not correct the problem.

Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about help error message avsynmgr

    What os & sp level?
    What version of McAfee (retail, commercial)..
    What engine?
    What DAT?

    some rogue DAT updates have caused this in the past. Updating with the
    superdat usually fixes this.

    David Barnes

    "rnavin (removethis) @hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:9f3c01c486f0$edf97c40$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    >I just reinstalled Mcaffee virus protection on a computer,
    > and now everytime that I turn on my computer, I get this
    > error message:
    > "AVSYNMGR.EXE has generated errors and will be closed, by
    > Windows. You will need to restart the program."
    >
    > Restarting the computer does not correct the problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows