Help with an Error Message AVSYNMGR.EXE

I just reinstalled Mcaffee virus protection on a computer,
and now everytime that I turn on my computer, I get this
error message:
"AVSYNMGR.EXE has generated errors and will be closed, by
Windows. You will need to restart the program."

Restarting the computer does not correct the problem.

Any suggestions?

What os & sp level?
What version of McAfee (retail, commercial)..
What engine?
What DAT?

some rogue DAT updates have caused this in the past. Updating with the
superdat usually fixes this.

David Barnes