Help with an Error Message AVSYNMGR.EXE

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 20, 2004 5:04:41 PM

I just reinstalled Mcaffee virus protection on a computer,
and now everytime that I turn on my computer, I get this
error message:
"AVSYNMGR.EXE has generated errors and will be closed, by
Windows. You will need to restart the program."

Restarting the computer does not correct the problem.

Any suggestions?
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 4:14:03 AM

What os & sp level?
What version of McAfee (retail, commercial)..
What engine?
What DAT?

some rogue DAT updates have caused this in the past. Updating with the
superdat usually fixes this.

David Barnes

!