WM 5 Update for imates ?

May 11, 2005 2:28:55 AM

anyone know if there will be an update available for imate devices ?

David

More about : update imates

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 2:28:56 AM

Nothing that I've seen announced yet.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"David" <davidcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> anyone know if there will be an update available for imate devices ?
>
> David

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 10:56:27 PM

definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the existing devices. But
there is leaked WM2005 for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for memory
problems.
There should be internal WM 5 builds for imate PDA2K and maybe Jam devices
inside MS. Maybe someone from MS would leak them?
Related resources
May 11, 2005 11:01:56 PM

> definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the existing devices. But
> there is leaked WM2005 for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for
> memory problems.
> There should be internal WM 5 builds for imate PDA2K and maybe Jam devices
> inside MS. Maybe someone from MS would leak them?

I want to stay legal though, how do leaked roms work ?

David
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:01:57 PM

Apparently not well if it has memory issues...:-)

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"David" <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o j7XEOlVFHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the existing devices. But there is leaked WM2005
>> for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for memory problems.
>> There should be internal WM 5 builds for imate PDA2K and maybe Jam devices inside MS. Maybe
>> someone from MS would leak them?
>

> I want to stay legal though, how do leaked roms work ?
>
> David

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:01:58 PM

I disremember.

xfiler

group for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

>"David" <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o j7XEOlVFHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>> definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the
existing devices. But there is leaked WM2005
>>> for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for memory
problems.
>>> There should be internal WM 5 builds for imate PDA2K
and maybe Jam devices inside MS. Maybe
>>> someone from MS would leak them?
>>

>> I want to stay legal though, how do leaked roms work ?
>>
>> David
>>

>.

May 11, 2005 11:27:36 PM

>> definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the existing devices. But
>> there is leaked WM2005 for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for
>> memory problems.

how bad are the memory problems ?

DAvid
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 11:27:37 PM

>>> definitely there would be no official WM 5 for the existing devices. But
>>> there is leaked WM2005 for Imate PocketPC that works fine except for
>>> memory problems.
>

> how bad are the memory problems ?

10,000 Bonus points if the answer is "I don't remember"...
May 12, 2005 1:00:19 AM

">>
>> how bad are the memory problems ?
>>

> 10,000 Bonus points if the answer is "I don't remember"...

agh come on that was far too obvious.

David
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 1:00:20 AM

> ">>
>>> how bad are the memory problems ?
>>>

>> 10,000 Bonus points if the answer is "I don't remember"...
>

> agh come on that was far too obvious.

The Bonus points were for being brazen, not clever... :)
May 12, 2005 2:43:03 AM

>>> 10,000 Bonus points if the answer is "I don't remember"...
>>

>> agh come on that was far too obvious.
>>

> The Bonus points were for being brazen, not clever... :)

all I want to know is, how bad are the problems with the 2005 rom, I don't
want clever, or brazen. Clever is a man who knows a tomato is a fruit, wise
is the man who knows not to put it in fruit salad.....

i'm drunk

David
Anonymous
May 12, 2005 1:30:37 PM

> all I want to know is, how bad are the problems with the 2005 rom

The leaked ROM has only 26 Mb of RAM available to programs. Programs that
need more cannot run. The other problem is that storage size is only 16Mb,
so you cannot install lots of programs into main memory (but you can install
tham to SD-card). It should be possible to increase storage size by removing
the extended ROM and expanding the storage area. The process should be
similar to HTC Magician, but noone did that yet.
Other problems are - lack of MMS client, ugly camera implementation, no SIM
toolkit, but this would be fixed when MS would release WM5 SDK or there
would be first commercial devices with these features.

There are lots of people that run this leaked WM2005 for months, and they
like it more than official ROMs. It is very stable.
!