Lost Advisory Content Password

I have lost my Advisory Content Password and am unable to
access any websites on the internet. How may I reset my
Advisory Content password in order to access the internet
without my password? There is no way I can recover my
lost Advisory Contect Password for Microsoft Office 2000
lost password. Is there a recovery or reset method I can
use to access my internet. Thank you.

The following steps will remove any password set in the Internet Explorer
Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
This involves editing the Windows Registry, which can leave your system in
an unstable or unusable state and should only be performed if you're
comfortable doing so.

1) Click on Start and choose Run.

2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of
the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and
Policies.

5) Now click on the Ratings folder.

6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key.
Click on it and press Delete.

7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted
your original Content Advisor password.

8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For
IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a
password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content
Advisor because there's no longer a password.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Chris Zepeda" <zepeda_c@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have lost my Advisory Content Password and am unable to
> access any websites on the internet. How may I reset my
> Advisory Content password in order to access the internet
> without my password? There is no way I can recover my
> lost Advisory Contect Password for Microsoft Office 2000
> lost password. Is there a recovery or reset method I can
> use to access my internet. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS