Security in windows 2000

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
August 24, 2004 9:42:18 AM

Hi , How can I configure that the user can only have
read , save access but not deleted .

More about : security windows 2000

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 24, 2004 9:59:37 PM

If a user has read/list/execute/write permissions to a file or folder they
can write but not delete. If the creator owner group is present in the
permissions for the folder the user who writes the file will also have
creator owner permissions which often is full control. You can remove the
creator owner if need be from a folder. --- Steve

"Jimmy Chan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi , How can I configure that the user can only have
> read , save access but not deleted .
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 25, 2004 12:49:34 AM