Desktop runs very Slow after applying the "Windows2000-KB8..

One Win2K Desktop with SP3 in my organisation runs very
Slow after I have applied the "Windows2000-KB835732-x86-
ENU.EXE" Patch and takes about 30mins. to boot up for you
to get on to the screen.

When this Patch is removed the Desktop boots amd run
normally but frequently shuts down and restart.

Could you advise what the problem is and how I can resolve
this.

You have some sort of problem which is probably going to require a reinstall
if you have frequent restarts which may or may not be related to the patch
but if this is the only computer with the problem I would suspect other
problems which may be hardware related due to overheating cpu, bad memory,
bad power supply, etc. Also check Event Viewer or any pertinent errors and
do a full system virus scan using updates virus definitions as of today.
Running something like AdAware would also be worthwhile. --- Steve