win 3.1 program won't load on W2K

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 24, 2004 10:32:08 AM

Software 'My World' - an educational package that came out
in 1994 to run on Windows 3.1, won't load when logged on
as a basic user in Windows 2000. I have tried setting the
permissions on the shortcut and .exe file to 'Full
control' and also checked the registry (where it doesn't
really appear)

More about : win program load w2k

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 10:09:41 PM

You can use the free regmon and filemon tools from SysInternals to help
track down permission issues. Log on as a regular user and then start
filemon using runas with administrator credentials just before you try to
start the application. When it hangs, view the filemon log for access denied
entry. Change the permission to file or folder denied, document the change
and start the process over again. You may have to do the same with regmon in
no particular order in a trial and error basis until you find all the places
where access is denied. --- Steve

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml

"Tb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Software 'My World' - an educational package that came out
> in 1994 to run on Windows 3.1, won't load when logged on
> as a basic user in Windows 2000. I have tried setting the
> permissions on the shortcut and .exe file to 'Full
> control' and also checked the registry (where it doesn't
> really appear)
August 25, 2004 6:28:02 AM

!