Remote users changing passwords

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
August 24, 2004 11:25:43 AM

HI,

I posted last week about how can remote users change their
passwords. I got a response that they can use outlook. I
tried to use this method and got this error.

The NT Domain password could not be changed. The account
is currently restricted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete
August 24, 2004 12:59:01 PM

Hi Pete
I'm not sure about Outlook but if they are using
NT, 2k or XP as Domain members they can
press "Ctrl" "Alt" "Del" once they have made the VPN
connection and click on change password. From there they
can enter their user name and select the domain in the
dropdown (or just type the domain name), enter current
password and the new password twice.

Hope this helps,
-Solomon

!