Remote users changing passwords

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

HI,

I posted last week about how can remote users change their
passwords. I got a response that they can use outlook. I
tried to use this method and got this error.

The NT Domain password could not be changed. The account
is currently restricted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Solomon

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

Hi Pete
I'm not sure about Outlook but if they are using
NT, 2k or XP as Domain members they can
press "Ctrl" "Alt" "Del" once they have made the VPN
connection and click on change password. From there they
can enter their user name and select the domain in the
dropdown (or just type the domain name), enter current
password and the new password twice.

Hope this helps,
-Solomon