Windows logged in User

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 24, 2004 11:35:32 AM

Hi,

I am developing a web site for intranet users.
Users are stored in Active Directory server and use their
userid/password for authenticating to a desktop.

Whenever user accesses a page, the page should
automatically capture the userid (used to log in to
desktop) from the client and pass it to the server.

I think, in asp there is a call 'request.getServerVariables
('LOGON_USER').
My web site consists of jsps.

Can you suggest some way to achieve this activity.

Thanks in advance,
-Babu.

More about : windows logged user

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 9:49:18 PM

Hi,

The easy way:
You can just give read rights for all authenicated users on that domain
(domain/everyone) so everyone from that domain will be able to open this
page. If specyfied users should have access you will need to create domain
group with that permissions.

best
Marian

Uzytkownik "K. V. Babu" <kvbabu@rediffmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci