Windows logged in User

Hi,

I am developing a web site for intranet users.
Users are stored in Active Directory server and use their
userid/password for authenticating to a desktop.

Whenever user accesses a page, the page should
automatically capture the userid (used to log in to
desktop) from the client and pass it to the server.

I think, in asp there is a call 'request.getServerVariables
('LOGON_USER').
My web site consists of jsps.

Can you suggest some way to achieve this activity.

Thanks in advance,
-Babu.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows logged user

    Hi,

    The easy way:
    You can just give read rights for all authenicated users on that domain
    (domain/everyone) so everyone from that domain will be able to open this
    page. If specyfied users should have access you will need to create domain
    group with that permissions.

    best
    Marian

    Uzytkownik "K. V. Babu" <kvbabu@rediffmail.com> napisal w wiadomosci
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am developing a web site for intranet users.
    > Users are stored in Active Directory server and use their
    > userid/password for authenticating to a desktop.
    >
    > Whenever user accesses a page, the page should
    > automatically capture the userid (used to log in to
    > desktop) from the client and pass it to the server.
    >
    > I think, in asp there is a call 'request.getServerVariables
    > ('LOGON_USER').
    > My web site consists of jsps.
    >
    > Can you suggest some way to achieve this activity.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > -Babu.

Desktops Servers Windows