I have asked this question twice, in different ways, let me ask it a third
time and in a third way. Neverwinter Nights locks up right at the end
where Aribeth tells you to go to the chamber where the cure is being made.
The screen goes black and that is that.

Is there a way to open either Undrentide or SoU without playing Neverwinter
all the way through?

Thanks

Deb

Delbert Freeman wrote:
> I have asked this question twice, in different ways, let me ask it a third
> time and in a third way. Neverwinter Nights locks up right at the end
> where Aribeth tells you to go to the chamber where the cure is being made.
> The screen goes black and that is that.
>
> Is there a way to open either Undrentide or SoU without playing Neverwinter
> all the way through?

"SoU" is short for "Shadows of Undrentide." I'll guess you mean
"Shadows of Undrentide or Hordes of the Underdark."

The two expansion pack campaigns are not connected to the Original
Campaign. Just--presuming you have them both installed--create a new
first-level character and start a new Shadows of Undrentide game. Lots
of people play the expansion campaigns without ever finishing the
original campaign, and some, due to hearing word-of-mouth that the OC
isn't very good, go straight to the expansions and never start the OC.

Delbert Freeman wrote:
> I have asked this question twice, in different ways, let me ask it a third
> time and in a third way. Neverwinter Nights locks up right at the end
> where Aribeth tells you to go to the chamber where the cure is being made.
> The screen goes black and that is that.
>
> Is there a way to open either Undrentide or SoU without playing Neverwinter
> all the way through?

You paid for Neverwinter, you should get to enjoy it. :)

Try this to get to the ritual chamber:

Bring up a saved game before you talk to Aribeth.

You can bring up the console command line by pressing the tilde (~) key.

Type the following lines into the console:

DebugMode 1
dm_runscript m1q1faribmodend

(You should start the end of Chapter One at this point. If you experience the same problem as before, post back and
I'll give you something else to try.)

After you get to the Ritual Chamber, bring up the console and type:

DebugMode 0

--
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual

Thanks for the reply. Bad news is the results are exactly the same as if I
talked to Aribeth - black screen and movable cursor. Reboot is the only
way to clear it (or in my case closing cntl, alt, backspace).

I eagerly await your next epistle, O learned one :)

Deb

Delbert Freeman wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Bad news is the results are exactly the same as if I
> talked to Aribeth - black screen and movable cursor. Reboot is the only
> way to clear it (or in my case closing cntl, alt, backspace).

Export your character. Then try copying Chapter1E.nwm from the /nwm
directory to Chapter1E.mod in the /modules directory. Start it as a
New>Other Module using your saved character. If that still doesn't work,
then my guess would be Chapter1E.nwm is corrupted, try a critical rebuild.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will schrieb:

> Export your character. Then try copying Chapter1E.nwm from the /nwm
> directory to Chapter1E.mod in the /modules directory. Start it as a
> New>Other Module using your saved character. If that still doesn't
> work, then my guess would be Chapter1E.nwm is corrupted, try a
> critical rebuild.

This alone will not help, because the game still loads the original
campaign module. In addition, it's necessary to rename the copy to
"chapter1Ea.mod" or something like this.

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> Export your character. Then try copying Chapter1E.nwm from the /nwm
> directory to Chapter1E.mod in the /modules directory. Start it as a
> New>Other Module using your saved character. If that still doesn't work,
> then my guess would be Chapter1E.nwm is corrupted, try a critical rebuild.

If Barry's advice doesn't work, you could always just skip the end-game of Chap1 and go directly to Chapter Two.

Since you've never been there before, you'll have to add the line

CODEWORD=hacktastic

to your nwnplayer.ini file. Put it under the [Game Options] section. This will unlock all the OC chapters - sorry I
can't remember the codeword to just unlock Chapter 2.