Unidentified window opens at startup

Every time I startup Windows 2000, an small, unidentifiable
window opens with nothing in it except an OK button. The
only way to close it is the X button or the OK button, but
obviously I'd like to know what I am OKing. And the task
bar at the bottom of the screen shows an open window but it
is blank. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get
rid of it? I've tried scanning for viruses and such but
everything seems fine.

THANKS

look in the information from MSConfig as well as under the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key for
programs that run on startup.

Also you may want to use Spybot Search and Destroy to scan your system

--
Dusty Harper
Microsoft Corporation

"Egarland" <Elizabeth_Garland54@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Every time I startup Windows 2000, an small, unidentifiable
> window opens with nothing in it except an OK button. The
> only way to close it is the X button or the OK button, but
> obviously I'd like to know what I am OKing. And the task
> bar at the bottom of the screen shows an open window but it
> is blank. Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get
> rid of it? I've tried scanning for viruses and such but
> everything seems fine.
>
> THANKS

Elizabeth

I did as you suggested. Found nothing in the registry.
Ran Noadware and found one cookie, but can't figure out how
to get rid of it. Any suggestion how to find it?
(Noadware will only delete it once you register and pay).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

you should be able to do a dir %cookiename% /s and locate the cookie to
delete. Additionally IE has a delete cookies option in the Tools > Internet
options.