Configuring IPsec with IKE authentication with self signed..

Hi all,
Can anybody tell me how to configure IPsec on a windows
2000 machine with IKE authentication using self signed
certificates?

Problem: I need to establish secured communication between
Solaris and Windows 2000 Pro using IPSec. The IKE
authentication is to be done with self signed
certificates.

Question 1.
How can I create a x.509 self signed certficate on
windows 2000 Pro?

Question 2.
Does Windows 2000 Pro support IKE authentication with
Self Signed certificates? If so, where should I put the
certificates of the local (private/public key pair)
machine and the remote (public key) machine?

Is there any document/url that gives more insight to
this? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Regards,
Hiran

1. You can use the makecert.exe utility in the Platform SDK.

2. No, this is not supported in Windows IPSEC/IKE and CryptoAPI.

--

David B. Cross [MS]

http://support.microsoft.com