My Rig - Please Comment for Tips: E6400 @ 3.2Ghz

ejx982

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
In reference to the thread I made:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=1475652#1475652

ejx982 said:
I've managed to lower the voltage down to: 1.312v Any lower and Prime '95 dies within an hour. I just discovered I was only running 1 instance of Prime '95, since I have a Dual Core, I should be running two right?

So I'm going to re-run the tests tonight again at this voltage. Using 1 instance of P95 went over 8hrs straight without error, temp never went about 55c, but idle 45c.

Next I plan to run 3DMark2K6 in a loop for about 6 hrs. I feel that if it stays solid, I'm good to go.

I just wanted to say thanks for the tip about lowering the voltage, that will help exend the life greatly. Along with the tip about my motherboard may be maxed out at FSB. Every time I se it to 425FSB, it black screens, and in about 30 secs the BIOS reverts back to stock. I feel 3.2Ghz is great with that low of a voltage, so I won't push it anymore.

If I watch a movie, or run distributed net programs for an extended time, sometimes I get graphical errors on my screen. If I shut off the program it disappears. Should I bump my voltage back up?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
temp never went about 55c, but idle 45c.

If you would like to see how your temps compare, check out the following:

Core 2 Duo Temperature Guide

If I watch a movie, or run distributed net programs for an extended time, sometimes I get graphical errors on my screen. If I shut off the program it disappears. Should I bump my voltage back up?

I agree that a Vcore bump may solve that problem, so it would make sense to try that first to eliminate a fuzzy stability issue.

Hope this helps. 8)