I need help please

Hello,

My graphics card just blew up, I had an ATI Radeon X700SE HM 512mb. I don't very much about computers so bare with me please. I am in the process of purchasing a new card but am asked this,"To make sure my computer has a PCI Express 16x-contact". How will I be able to check this?

This is the rest of my computer information if it helps:

AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+
2GB DDR Ram

It's an Acer Aspire tower. Thank you for your help
6 answers Last reply
More about please
  1. Whenever I try to start up the computer I get this screen

http://1.forumer.com/uploads/sfcguild/post-4-1171194178.jpg

How can I find out my motherboard and PSU without being able to turn it on? Basically it resets itself before it ever comes on.
  2. It's an Acer Aspire E360, the strange thing though is whenever I look that model up on the internet it doesn't correspond with what I have. Will take pictures as well but here are some of the numbers I wrote

Board rev 0.1
    ASIC P/N 2155CAAKA12F
    BIOS P/N 113-AA56002-101
    MEMORY SAMSUNG K4D551638F-TC40
    COOLING SYSTEM fansink(35oorpm)

M/B MBP3109003601014E8EK03
  3. Quote:
    It's an Acer Aspire E360, the strange thing though is whenever I look that model up on the internet it doesn't correspond with what I have. Will take pictures as well but here are some of the numbers I wrote

Board rev 0.1
    ASIC P/N 2155CAAKA12F
    BIOS P/N 113-AA56002-101
    MEMORY SAMSUNG K4D551638F-TC40
    COOLING SYSTEM fansink(35oorpm)

M/B MBP3109003601014E8EK03

For what i could check in the below URL, i believe the system has 1 PCI-Express x16 slot:
    http://tech.yahoo.com/ps/acer-aspire-e360/1993864461;_ylt=Aq6q8dIKKP4w8TE3iqMXIzr_LZA5

Anyway, if you're going to replace the graphic card, than you could take it to a store (or show it to someone that understands HW) and ask.

Good luck!
  4. Yes, do u have a warranty on the Aspire? usually 1 yr or 3 yr.

if u do then u can take it back to where u bought, bring ur warranty info, and they will then fix it for no cost.

U should also get a UPS, to help minimize these burn-ups u are having.

Get one with a 750 or 1000 designation on it, such as tripplite 1000
    or APC 1000, or Backups 1000 u get the idea.

a UPS is an uninterruptible power supply, u plug in your monitor and pc into the UPS, then u plug the UPS into the WALL outlet, then turn the UPS on.

The UPS should have 4 to 6 outlets on the back of it, and will have a battery side marked in small letters. You want to plug ur pc and monitor on the battery side for the most electrical protection.

Never plug in a laser or inkjet printer into a UPS.

If u have speakers or anything else that uses black adapters then those dont go onto the UPS either, they can go onto a surge strip which then goes into the wall.
  5. I do have a warranty that requires you bring along your receipt and for once in my life I don't hold on to a peice of paper of course:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics