very newbie questions

Vellu

Spongebob kirjoitti:
> can i import my charicter from bg2 to nwn
> thanks in advance

No, you cannot. The character systems are too different for import to work.

vellu wrote:

> Spongebob kirjoitti:
>
>> can i import my charicter from bg2 to nwn
>> thanks in advance
>

> No, you cannot. The character systems are too different for import to work.

What you could do, however, is write down the race, class(es) stats,
level, and other details of your BG2 character, and then make
essentially the same character in NWN. There are several "training"
modules out there which make it a simple matter to level up your
character and buy him gear similar to the stuff you had originally,
although its possible that you'll not be able to find duplicates of some
special items in your gear. You could even work around that, to some
extent, by creating your own module and creating the desired item and
leaving it on the ground so you can loot it (it doesn't have to be much
of a module, a single room with the item on the ground in plain sight
would work)

And then to get really into it, you could create another magic item that
happens to give you the powers that your BG2 godhood gave you.

For even more complexity, you could fire up a character editor such as
LETO (is that spelled right) and change more details about the character
to get even closer to right.

Admittedly you still won't end up with an exact duplicate, in addition
to the underlying software being different, some of the game rules are
actually different, and then there's the pesky detail that in NWN you
won't be playing a god... unless you find a module where you are :)

While doing this could be more trouble than its worth for most people,
some would find doing so enjoyable, particularly if it offers the chance
to continue to play a character you really enjoyed.