Remote user expired password

We have several remote users that connect to our network
theu a secure tunnel and map drives with their W2K logon
accounts. The passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
What would be the "best practice" to use for resetting
these passwords ? Is there any way for the users to reset
them?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote user expired password

    Are these domain members and do the logon via a vpn client on their computer? ---
    Steve

    "Lois Morrett" <lois.morrett@ogs.state.ny.us> wrote in message
    > We have several remote users that connect to our network
    > theu a secure tunnel and map drives with their W2K logon
    > accounts. The passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
    > What would be the "best practice" to use for resetting
    > these passwords ? Is there any way for the users to reset
    > them?

    If they are domain members and have access to a web page either via another
    PC via the tunnel/VPN or internet via HTTPS, you could install 5 mb of
    FastPassAD and setup/reset your password via a challenge-response tool we
    have developed for AD.

    http://www.itintergroup.com/uk_version/default_uk.htm

    Its a 30 minute install and meets all the audit reqs for the Big 6.

    "Lois Morrett" wrote:

    > We have several remote users that connect to our network
    > theu a secure tunnel and map drives with their W2K logon
    > accounts. The passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
    > What would be the "best practice" to use for resetting
    > these passwords ? Is there any way for the users to reset
    > them?

Microsoft Windows