Remote user expired password

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 26, 2004 1:07:28 PM

We have several remote users that connect to our network
theu a secure tunnel and map drives with their W2K logon
accounts. The passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
What would be the "best practice" to use for resetting
these passwords ? Is there any way for the users to reset
them?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 11:54:29 PM

Are these domain members and do the logon via a vpn client on their computer? ---
Steve

"Lois Morrett" <lois.morrett@ogs.state.ny.us> wrote in message
> We have several remote users that connect to our network
> theu a secure tunnel and map drives with their W2K logon
> accounts. The passwords are set to expire every 90 days.
> What would be the "best practice" to use for resetting
> these passwords ? Is there any way for the users to reset
> them?
August 27, 2004 8:45:03 AM

If they are domain members and have access to a web page either via another
PC via the tunnel/VPN or internet via HTTPS, you could install 5 mb of
FastPassAD and setup/reset your password via a challenge-response tool we
have developed for AD.

http://www.itintergroup.com/uk_version/default_uk.htm

Its a 30 minute install and meets all the audit reqs for the Big 6.