How to pass credentials

I am the network admin for a medium sized company. Most of our remote
locations are now Windows XP Pro workgroups. When we were running Windows
2000 I used to be able to access the Admin shares and I would be prompted
for a user id and password (which I have for every machine). Now I am still
prompted but the User ID field is grayed out and displays the disabled guest
account.

How can I access these Admin shares without rolling AD out to every site?

In article <ePjBdh4iEHA.356@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, in the
microsoft.public.win2000.security news group, jokes54321 <jokes54321
@nospam.com> says...

> I am the network admin for a medium sized company. Most of our remote
> locations are now Windows XP Pro workgroups. When we were running Windows
> 2000 I used to be able to access the Admin shares and I would be prompted
> for a user id and password (which I have for every machine). Now I am still
> prompted but the User ID field is grayed out and displays the disabled guest
> account.
>
> How can I access these Admin shares without rolling AD out to every site?

Either disable Simple File Sharing in XP, or in the local security
policy change the Network Access:Sharing and security model for local
accounts security option to Classic.

--
Paul Adare
rights.