MS04-025 for IE 5.5 SP2

Hi
Note that the MS04-025 hot fix only available for Windows
ME. We have a lot of machines running IE5.5 SP2 on
Windows 2000 and Windows NT, my question is do we need to
patch this machines? If yes, where to download the hot
fix from Microsoft web site?
If no, is this means IE5.5 SP2 running on platform other
than Windows ME is not vulnerable?

Anybody can help?

Thanks.
SH

Microsoft has ended free support, including patches, for IE 5.5 on Windows
2000. IE 5.01 and IE 6.x are both supported. I would presume it is
vulnerable, but I don't think you'll get a patch for free. You can call MS
product support for free and ask them if they have a patch that isn't
publicly available, using the phone numbers for "paid tech support" at
www.microsoft.com/support or contact your MS sales rep if you have one. I
could be wrong, but I think usually you don't get a patch for unsupported
platforms unless your company helps pay for the development of that patch.
Development of that patch might not be as hard or as expensive as you think
if the files are similar or identical to the patches already created. You
could also consider seeing whether any of the workarounds in the article, if
any, help you.

I personally would strongly consider upgrading to IE 6.x IE 5.5 is
getting rather old.