Good mobo for 6600/6400? I appreciate you guys, lost without

hardyb

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
ASUS P5B-VM LGA 775 Intel G965 Express Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

This is similar to what I want, I just dont know if I want micro.
I want to stick with ASUS or intel.

I need an onboard video and I want optical or coax out for audio. I just dont want tons of crap im not going to use! I am only going to run 1 vid card eventually, hence the need for onboard video card. Id like to have ddr2 800 just to be a little more future proof. This is a first time build and I just want to get my feet wet and not spend 200 on a mobo for gaming that I dont do, yet. I am planning on either a 63/64/6600, I cant decide how much I want to spend but this is a mainstream, quality, light gamer eventually maybe. I have already got p180b and neoHE 550. Thanks for any suggestions on the cpu and mobo. Also, any suggestions on cpu cooler would be nice...I appreciate all of your responses as I would be lost without them!

Brock

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I don't know what to say cause I can't find any Asus or Intel motherboards that have integrated graphics and are not MicroATX.

Personally I hate MicroATX, my experience with it is bad, they are too damn small.

How about:

Intel Desktop Board DP965LTCK Socket 775 Intel 965 Express

&

Asus EN7300GS

Costs only a bit more, gfx card sucks, but so does integrated.

If you're only gonna be a light gamer, E4300 is cheaper and will likely suit your needs.

hardyb

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I would rather buy a better graphics card with something like the asus p5b atx. Im not opposed to spending some money, I just want good enough graphics to run a few light games and vista well. I will upgrade sound later also but I wanted to get a board with built in until I get vista goin...
what about Intel BOXDG965WHMKR LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard? Anyone have experience with this board?

TRENDING THREADS