Numeric Limits on Values in Security Templates

I am in the process of creating a customized security template and I have
extended the Security Options segment under Local Policies. I am able to
configure the values to display properly and make the appropriate
modifications, but I'm finding that the upper limit on the numeric values is
defaulting to 999 and I need the values set to be higher. Does anyone know
how to control this "upper limit" on numeric values in Security Options?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about numeric limits values security templates

    Each setting may be different and present the limited options for logical
    reasons for that setting. What settings are you concerned about?

    --
    Tim Springston
    Microsoft Corporation

    "JHK" <JHK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am in the process of creating a customized security template and I have
    > extended the Security Options segment under Local Policies. I am able to
    > configure the values to display properly and make the appropriate
    > modifications, but I'm finding that the upper limit on the numeric values
    > is
    > defaulting to 999 and I need the values set to be higher. Does anyone
    > know
    > how to control this "upper limit" on numeric values in Security Options?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Tim,

    What I am working with are some custom settings that are in a group policy
    template that I am authoring. But I did figure out what I needed to do.
    Rather than just using a spin box with the default settings, I did the
    following:

    PART !!MyValueName NUMERIC
    MIN 1200 MAX 48000 DEFAULT 12000 SPIN 100
    VALUENAME "MyValue"
    END PART

    That allowed me to raise the upper limit in the spin box beyond the default
    999 that it was giving me before.

    Thanks anyways,
    Jill

    "Tim Springston [MS]" wrote:

    > Each setting may be different and present the limited options for logical
    > reasons for that setting. What settings are you concerned about?
    >
    > --
    > Tim Springston
    > Microsoft Corporation
    >

    > "JHK" <JHK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am in the process of creating a customized security template and I have
    > > extended the Security Options segment under Local Policies. I am able to
    > > configure the values to display properly and make the appropriate
    > > modifications, but I'm finding that the upper limit on the numeric values
    > > is
    > > defaulting to 999 and I need the values set to be higher. Does anyone
    > > know
    > > how to control this "upper limit" on numeric values in Security Options?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

Security Configuration Microsoft Windows