Numeric Limits on Values in Security Templates

I am in the process of creating a customized security template and I have
extended the Security Options segment under Local Policies. I am able to
configure the values to display properly and make the appropriate
modifications, but I'm finding that the upper limit on the numeric values is
defaulting to 999 and I need the values set to be higher. Does anyone know
how to control this "upper limit" on numeric values in Security Options?

Thanks.

Each setting may be different and present the limited options for logical
reasons for that setting. What settings are you concerned about?

--
Tim Springston
Microsoft Corporation

"JHK" <JHK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the process of creating a customized security template and I have
> extended the Security Options segment under Local Policies. I am able to
> configure the values to display properly and make the appropriate
> modifications, but I'm finding that the upper limit on the numeric values
> is
> defaulting to 999 and I need the values set to be higher. Does anyone
> know
> how to control this "upper limit" on numeric values in Security Options?
>
> Thanks.

Tim,

What I am working with are some custom settings that are in a group policy
template that I am authoring. But I did figure out what I needed to do.
Rather than just using a spin box with the default settings, I did the
following:

PART !!MyValueName NUMERIC
MIN 1200 MAX 48000 DEFAULT 12000 SPIN 100
VALUENAME "MyValue"
END PART

That allowed me to raise the upper limit in the spin box beyond the default
999 that it was giving me before.

Thanks anyways,
Jill