Mandatory Profile Editing

Hello,

I currently have a Mandatory Profile used for public access of 5 PC's.
There are no icons on the desktop, and only Internet Explorer is shown
under Start => Programs.

What I am wanting to do is simply add Notepad to the desktop to allow
something for people to copy and paste needed information into for
printing. But despite my attempt of putting Notepad in the
\\folder_for_profile_on_server\desktop\ dosent allow this to happen. I
renamed the ntuser.man file to ntuser.dat, thinking that would allow
me to make changes, but this dosent seem to be the case.

I would prefer to not rebuild the profile, therefore I simply want to
add this one file to the desktop. I am running Win2K Server and all
clients run Win2K Pro. I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks,

Brett

Try adding a notepad shortcut to the all users profile desktop folder on those
computers to see if that helps. --- Steve