VPN Security Associations Quick Mode Connection

I have a vpn router that has been configured as the
manufacturer has suggested and creates a Main Mode
Connection. However I can not get it to make the Quick
Mode connection. I have been using the built in VPN
client in windows along with configuring the IPSEC policy
as recommended by the manufacturer. No luck.... I have
tried this on both a Linksys BEFVP41 and a Netgear FVS318
but with the same result.....It would seem something else
needs to be configured on the workstation/client but I
can not get an answer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had that working with my Netgear FVS318 a while back but don't use it anymore.
There used to be an article on the Netgear website as how to configure it. Make sure
you are using tunnel mode, and that the router and Ipsec policy have the same local
subnets configured. I remember that gave me a problem because I had a subnet
configured on one end and an IP address in that subnet on the other that did not
work. --- Steve

"Darth Sideous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a vpn router that has been configured as the
> manufacturer has suggested and creates a Main Mode
> Connection. However I can not get it to make the Quick
> Mode connection. I have been using the built in VPN
> client in windows along with configuring the IPSEC policy
> as recommended by the manufacturer. No luck.... I have
> tried this on both a Linksys BEFVP41 and a Netgear FVS318
> but with the same result.....It would seem something else
> needs to be configured on the workstation/client but I
> can not get an answer.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for my ignorance but where or what is tunnel mode.
I don't see anything that can be set to tunnel mode on
the router.

Thanks for the assistance

wrote in message
>>I have a vpn router that has been configured as the
>> manufacturer has suggested and creates a Main Mode
>> Connection. However I can not get it to make the Quick
>> Mode connection. I have been using the built in VPN
>> client in windows along with configuring the IPSEC
policy
>> as recommended by the manufacturer. No luck.... I
have
>> tried this on both a Linksys BEFVP41 and a Netgear
FVS318
>> but with the same result.....It would seem something
else
>> needs to be configured on the workstation/client but I
>> can not get an answer.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>

>.

The ipsec policy that you configure on the W2K computer must be in tunnel mode when
you create it which also requires you enter a tunnel IP address endpoint, which you
will be prompted for after you start the wizard to create a new policy. The link
below explains how to configure an ipsec tunnel mode policy in Windows 2000 which you
may be able to use as a guideline. You also need to have the same pre-shared key on
the router and the computer.--- Steve