Tags:
  • Products
  • TV
  • LG
  • Product
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
February 13, 2011 3:04:37 PM

hello i hope you can advise on a issue.

recently my 50 inch LG plasma tv went faulty.
comet engineers took it away to be fixed. week later they told me it was a right off and that they would send me a letter which i could take to shop to get new tv.

waited but got no letter, so i called them.

they told me they were still dealing with something ?. anyway i told the guy on the phone i was waiting because i had seen a tv in the shop i wanted and needed this letter. the tv i have seen costs £150 less than the old tv, so in my opinion i would get the new better tv, plus a store credit for £150 also, bonus lol.

the guy on the phone told me this wont be happening. said he can send me the tv i want, but i wont be getting the credit, plus the extended warrenty i paid £250 will be canceled even though i still have 1 and a half years left on it.

in my eyes i have paid £1000 for an insured item plus 250 warrenty, and i am now getting back a item, be it a better one , but for less money and like i say without an extended warrenty.

something tells me i have ben RIPPED.

anyone any advise on whether this is policy or whether the company trying to fob me off and make a few ££££ in doing so ?.

the reason i bring it up is because few years before i had another LG plasma from the same store which went fauly within 6 months. it was a right off also. they simply gave me a store credit voucher then for the full value i had paid, plus my warrenty was transfered to new tv.

More about : extended warranty confusion

February 15, 2011 8:05:09 AM

chriswalk said:
hello i hope you can advise on a issue.

recently my 50 inch LG plasma tv went faulty.
comet engineers took it away to be fixed. week later they told me it was a right off and that they would send me a letter which i could take to shop to get new tv.

waited but got no letter, so i called them.

they told me they were still dealing with something ?. anyway i told the guy on the phone i was waiting because i had seen a tv in the shop i wanted and needed this letter. the tv i have seen costs £150 less than the old tv, so in my opinion i would get the new better tv, plus a store credit for £150 also, bonus lol.

the guy on the phone told me this wont be happening. said he can send me the tv i want, but i wont be getting the credit, plus the extended warrenty i paid £250 will be canceled even though i still have 1 and a half years left on it.

in my eyes i have paid £1000 for an insured item plus 250 warrenty, and i am now getting back a item, be it a better one , but for less money and like i say without an extended warrenty.

something tells me i have ben RIPPED.

anyone any advise on whether this is policy or whether the company trying to fob me off and make a few ££££ in doing so ?.

the reason i bring it up is because few years before i had another LG plasma from the same store which went fauly within 6 months. it was a right off also. they simply gave me a store credit voucher then for the full value i had paid, plus my warrenty was transfered to new tv.

Hi chriswalk,

If a product is written off under the warranty or cover as per the terms and conditions you will be offered a replacement of same/similar specification. This is certainly not an intention to rip off any of our customers and there are instances where the price may go up as well as down.

In some instances the product will continue to run until it expires, however, where an exchange is offered the policy would be cancelled, although you would still receive the one year’s manufacturers guarantee with the replacement product.

Thanks

Matt from Comet

February 15, 2011 3:15:09 PM

thanks for the reply.
i understand what your saying but like i mentioned i dont understand how my first comet tv was a right off also but with that one i got a full store credit for the value i paid for the item, plus the warranty was passed over to my new tv ?.

not so much bothered about not getting the store credit because this new tv i am getting delivered is a much higher spec than the old one.

the warranty issue is bugging me though. its like car insurance. if you have a crash and your insurance pays out, your still insured by that company and covered.
!