sharkman

I have 2 administrator accounts,
One is "Administrator" and one has my name on it. I actually want the one
with my name on it to come up but when I follow the directions below, the
'Administrator" account comes up with "it's settings" not the settings that
I have with my name account. Is there any way for me to skip the password
and have my account come up instead of "Administrator" account?

thanks
sharkman

Go to Start -> Run and enter the following in the Open box:
control userpasswords2
Click OK
On the Users page, uncheck "Users must enter a user name and
password to use this computer".
Click OK
In the box that pops up enter your user name and password and
click OK.

--
Shafer - Professional Web Surfer and President of the PWSAA; Official BB and
anywhere else pointgiver and CEO HRWB.

"Sharkman@comcast.net" <sharkman@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have 2 administrator accounts,
>One is "Administrator" and one has my name on it. I actually want the one
>with my name on it to come up but when I follow the directions below, the
>'Administrator" account comes up with "it's settings" not the settings that
>I have with my name account. Is there any way for me to skip the password
>and have my account come up instead of "Administrator" account?

Try this: "How to Configure Windows XP to Automatically Log On a User
Account" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866).

--
(tm)

sharkman

no, that didnt do it.. thanks anyway.

--

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> "Sharkman@comcast.net" <sharkman@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I have 2 administrator accounts,
>>One is "Administrator" and one has my name on it. I actually want the
>>one with my name on it to come up but when I follow the directions
>>below, the 'Administrator" account comes up with "it's settings" not
>>the settings that I have with my name account. Is there any way for
>>me to skip the password and have my account come up instead of
>>"Administrator" account?
>
> Try this: "How to Configure Windows XP to Automatically Log On a User
> Account" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866).
>
> --
> (tm)

"Sharkman@comcast.net" <sharkman@comcast.net> wrote:

>no, that didnt do it.. thanks anyway.

Then try this: "How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231).

--
(tm)

sharkman

Nope.. still get the box asking for my password. I just hit ok and get my
desktop....I cant seem to eliminate that step..

--

Thorsten Matzner wrote:
> "Sharkman@comcast.net" <sharkman@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>no, that didnt do it.. thanks anyway.
>
> Then try this: "How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315231).
>
> --
> (tm)

TRENDING THREADS