Shared forlders and Security Groups

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
August 31, 2004 5:02:48 PM

I have several folders in a shared directory on the hard
drive (i.e. management, accounting) ,and security user
groups (same...management, accounting, etc.)in the active
directory.

How do I block everyone except the management security
group from the shared management folder?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 1, 2004 4:01:48 AM

Just have that group in the share permissions for that folder and in the ntfs
permissions. Keep in mind that administrators can always access folders they do not
have permissions to by taking ownership and read the data if it is not encrypted and
they do not have access to the decryption private keys. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418 -- almost the same
for W2K as XP Pro with simple file sharing disable for XP Pro.

!