Shared forlders and Security Groups

I have several folders in a shared directory on the hard
drive (i.e. management, accounting) ,and security user
groups (same...management, accounting, etc.)in the active
directory.

How do I block everyone except the management security
group from the shared management folder?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about shared forlders security groups

    Just have that group in the share permissions for that folder and in the ntfs
    permissions. Keep in mind that administrators can always access folders they do not
    have permissions to by taking ownership and read the data if it is not encrypted and
    they do not have access to the decryption private keys. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418 -- almost the same
    for W2K as XP Pro with simple file sharing disable for XP Pro.

    "PeterZ" <zumberge@wyoming.com> wrote in message
    >I have several folders in a shared directory on the hard
    > drive (i.e. management, accounting) ,and security user
    > groups (same...management, accounting, etc.)in the active
    > directory.
    >
    > How do I block everyone except the management security
    > group from the shared management folder?
    >
    > Thanks

Security Management Microsoft Windows