Remove icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from system tray

March 1, 2005 7:43:02 AM

Hi,

I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but I
got no reply. Hope you can help.
Thank you

I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the system
tray.
I know I can prevent it to show by going through Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.

Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks
Alex
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:01:07 PM

Hi Alex,

In the Location column under the Startup tab in msconfig, it should show
display from whence the program is starting (eg.,
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the registry,
Common Startup, etc.). If Common Startup, navigate to C:\Documents and
Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete the Intervideo
WinCinema Manager shortcut. If the program is being called to load from the
registry, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit, then click on
OK or hit ENTER) then navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Look in
the right-hand pane for a reference to Intervideo WinCinema Manager,
right-click on it and select Delete.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Metallo" <Metallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but I
> got no reply. Hope you can help.
> Thank you
>
> I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the system
> tray.
> I know I can prevent it to show by going through
Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
> but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.
>
> Any way to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks
> Alex
March 1, 2005 12:01:08 PM

Can I butt in Patti ? :-)

actually it'd be easier to use some thing like Mike Lins startup control
panel

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

from there he can delete, add, change entries (a lot easier than editing the
registry)

saved my butt cpl times ;-)

"Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi Alex,
>
> In the Location column under the Startup tab in msconfig, it should show
> display from whence the program is starting (eg.,
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the registry,
> Common Startup, etc.). If Common Startup, navigate to C:\Documents and
> Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and C:\Documents and
> Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete the Intervideo
> WinCinema Manager shortcut. If the program is being called to load from
the
> registry, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit, then click
on
> OK or hit ENTER) then navigate to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Look in
> the right-hand pane for a reference to Intervideo WinCinema Manager,
> right-click on it and select Delete.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "Metallo" <Metallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but
> > got no reply. Hope you can help.
> > Thank you
> >
> > I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the
system
> > tray.
> > I know I can prevent it to show by going through
> Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
> > but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.
> >
> > Any way to get rid of it?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alex

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:14:14 AM

Sure you can butt in :-) When dealing with Windows, there is often more
than one method of achieving the same result.

Regards,

--

!