Remove icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from system tray

Hi,

I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but I
got no reply. Hope you can help.
Thank you

I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the system
tray.
I know I can prevent it to show by going through Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.

Any way to get rid of it?

Thanks
Alex
3 answers Last reply
More about remove icon intervideo wincinema manager system tray

    Hi Alex,

    In the Location column under the Startup tab in msconfig, it should show
    display from whence the program is starting (eg.,
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the registry,
    Common Startup, etc.). If Common Startup, navigate to C:\Documents and
    Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and C:\Documents and
    Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete the Intervideo
    WinCinema Manager shortcut. If the program is being called to load from the
    registry, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit, then click on
    OK or hit ENTER) then navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Look in
    the right-hand pane for a reference to Intervideo WinCinema Manager,
    right-click on it and select Delete.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Metallo" <Metallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but I
    > got no reply. Hope you can help.
    > Thank you
    >
    > I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the system
    > tray.
    > I know I can prevent it to show by going through
    Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
    > but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.
    >
    > Any way to get rid of it?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Alex

    Can I butt in Patti ? :-)

    actually it'd be easier to use some thing like Mike Lins startup control
    panel

    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    from there he can delete, add, change entries (a lot easier than editing the
    registry)

    saved my butt cpl times ;-)

    "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi Alex,
    >
    > In the Location column under the Startup tab in msconfig, it should show
    > display from whence the program is starting (eg.,
    > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the registry,
    > Common Startup, etc.). If Common Startup, navigate to C:\Documents and
    > Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and C:\Documents and
    > Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete the Intervideo
    > WinCinema Manager shortcut. If the program is being called to load from
    the
    > registry, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit, then click
    on
    > OK or hit ENTER) then navigate to
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Look in
    > the right-hand pane for a reference to Intervideo WinCinema Manager,
    > right-click on it and select Delete.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "Metallo" <Metallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums but
    > > got no reply. Hope you can help.
    > > Thank you
    > >
    > > I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the
    system
    > > tray.
    > > I know I can prevent it to show by going through
    > Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
    > > but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.
    > >
    > > Any way to get rid of it?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Alex

    Sure you can butt in :-) When dealing with Windows, there is often more
    than one method of achieving the same result.

    Regards,

    --

    "(ProteanThread)" <sysop@rtdos.com> wrote in message
    > Can I butt in Patti ? :-)
    >
    > actually it'd be easier to use some thing like Mike Lins startup control
    > panel
    >
    > http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml
    >
    > from there he can delete, add, change entries (a lot easier than editing
    the
    > registry)
    >
    > saved my butt cpl times ;-)
    >

    > "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > > Hi Alex,
    > >
    > > In the Location column under the Startup tab in msconfig, it should show
    > > display from whence the program is starting (eg.,
    > > HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the registry,
    > > Common Startup, etc.). If Common Startup, navigate to C:\Documents and
    > > Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and C:\Documents and
    > > Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and delete the
    Intervideo
    > > WinCinema Manager shortcut. If the program is being called to load from
    > the
    > > registry, open the registry editor (Start>Run key in regedit, then click
    > on
    > > OK or hit ENTER) then navigate to
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or
    > > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run . Look
    in
    > > the right-hand pane for a reference to Intervideo WinCinema Manager,
    > > right-click on it and select Delete.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "Metallo" <Metallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I posted this message in the "general" and "help and support" forums
    but
    > > > got no reply. Hope you can help.
    > > > Thank you
    > > >
    > > > I want to remove the icon of Intervideo WinCinema Manager from the
    > system
    > > > tray.
    > > > I know I can prevent it to show by going through
    > > Start/Run/msconfic/startup,
    > > > but actually, I do not want the program to be in startup.
    > > >
    > > > Any way to get rid of it?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Alex

Support Microsoft Windows XP