fre and simple IDS

Hello!
For a stand-alone exchange server i want to ahve a small ids (as snirt
under linux), which loggs strange things need not much maintaince and
is free. Is there something available?

regards, enno

--
http://www.verbrennung.org

Tim

Hi,

Try snort! Its available for Windows too.

- Tim

"Enno Lenze" <nntp_06@verbrennung.org> wrote in message
> Hello!
> For a stand-alone exchange server i want to ahve a small ids (as snirt
> under linux), which loggs strange things need not much maintaince and
> is free. Is there something available?
>
> regards, enno
>
> --
> http://www.verbrennung.org

I might also suggest a file change checker such as the free SIM from
www.gfi.com, if it works on your server, or Osiris if it doesn't work.

Auditing might be a good idea as well, along with some tool to automate
inspecting the security log:

http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp#auditing