The "Change or remove programs" list does not show most of..

March 1, 2005 9:04:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hello
The "Change or remove programs" list shows programs beginning with "A" only.
The "Sort by" is "Name". How to show all the list? Windows XP is SP2.
March 1, 2005 9:04:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Are you running any AutoCAD products? Some of their products cause a large
white gap between the listing and can be corrected with a small registry
change.

If you do have an AutoCAD product, respond here and I will post the solution.

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:

> Hello
> The "Change or remove programs" list shows programs beginning with "A" only.
> The "Sort by" is "Name". How to show all the list? Windows XP is SP2.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:16:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Yes. AutoCAD 2002 is installed. Please, post the solution.
"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you running any AutoCAD products? Some of their products cause a
> large
> white gap between the listing and can be corrected with a small registry
> change.
>
> If you do have an AutoCAD product, respond here and I will post the
> solution.
>

> "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> The "Change or remove programs" list shows programs beginning with "A"
>> only.
>> The "Sort by" is "Name". How to show all the list? Windows XP is SP2.

March 2, 2005 2:53:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

I removed a comma from "D:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD 2002\\acad.exe,-1" from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6-
BBA\DisplayIcon registry value and the list began to show all programs.
Thanks!
"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Are you running any AutoCAD products? Some of their products cause a
> large
> white gap between the listing and can be corrected with a small registry
> change.
>
> If you do have an AutoCAD product, respond here and I will post the
> solution.
>

> "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
>
>> Hello
>> The "Change or remove programs" list shows programs beginning with "A"
>> only.
>> The "Sort by" is "Name". How to show all the list? Windows XP is SP2.

March 2, 2005 2:53:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Great! You're welcome. You would think a program that costs that much
wouldn't cause those problems.

"Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:

> I removed a comma from "D:\\Program Files\\AutoCAD 2002\\acad.exe,-1" from
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6-
> BBA\DisplayIcon registry value and the list began to show all programs.
> Thanks!
> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Are you running any AutoCAD products? Some of their products cause a
> > large
> > white gap between the listing and can be corrected with a small registry
> > change.
> >
> > If you do have an AutoCAD product, respond here and I will post the
> > solution.
> >

> > "Dmitry Kopnichev" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello
> >> The "Change or remove programs" list shows programs beginning with "A"
> >> only.
> >> The "Sort by" is "Name". How to show all the list? Windows XP is SP2.

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 8:56:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

You are right.

!