Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AMD stock has tanked 30% in the last quarter

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 12, 2007 7:04:41 PM

I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.

For all the downside with AMD at the moment, I think their is a big upside to be realized. Even if they loose 10% of the CPU Market share this year they are still a strong company at this price so I don't see it getting much worse. ATI is releasing stuff that should help also.
February 12, 2007 7:12:07 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.

For all the downside with AMD at the moment, I think their is a big upside to be realized. Even if they loose 10% of the CPU Market share this year they are still a strong company at this price so I don't see it getting much worse. ATI is releasing stuff that should help also.


agreed.... 100%
February 12, 2007 7:49:57 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.

For all the downside with AMD at the moment, I think their is a big upside to be realized. Even if they loose 10% of the CPU Market share this year they are still a strong company at this price so I don't see it getting much worse. ATI is releasing stuff that should help also.


Be sure to tell us what you paid for the stock and when you bought it 8)
February 12, 2007 7:54:58 PM



Like others have said this happens all the time. You could ahve picked the stock up for $3 bucks or so back in 02.

The market tends to overreact at times.

Overreact? The current market cap is just $3 billion over the ATI cost and these days that's the cost of a decent fab! Nothing personal, kamel or anyone else, but fanboydom is one thing and visual self-proctology is quite another. :lol: 
February 12, 2007 8:06:00 PM

Quote:
fanboydom is one thing and visual self-proctology is quite another.


I'm waiting for Visual Self-Proctology.NET.

Seriously though, I look for AMD to continue downward. Investors aren't liking this pricewar, and with Micron dumping the "flash bomb" on the market - hardware stocks aren't looking good this quarter. The only saving grace for AMD (and Intel, for that matter) is the surge in computer sales with Vista's release. How investors are going to react to increasing sales, yet even further declining mark-ups is anyone's guess - but I'm predicting that they're not going to like it. I can see AMD rebounding in Q3 - with Barcelona's release, they can look for a resurgence in the lucrative server space.

I wouldn't dream of "day trading" with hardware stocks, but if AMD continues downward - it could become one of the best deals out there.
February 12, 2007 8:21:56 PM

Quote:
fanboydom is one thing and visual self-proctology is quite another.


I'm waiting for Visual Self-Proctology.NET.

Seriously though, I look for AMD to continue downward. Investors aren't liking this pricewar, and with Micron dumping the "flash bomb" on the market - hardware stocks aren't looking good this quarter. The only saving grace for AMD (and Intel, for that matter) is the surge in computer sales with Vista's release. How investors are going to react to increasing sales, yet even further declining mark-ups is anyone's guess - but I'm predicting that they're not going to like it. I can see AMD rebounding in Q3 - with Barcelona's release, they can look for a resurgence in the lucrative server space.

I wouldn't dream of "day trading" with hardware stocks, but if AMD continues downward - it could become one of the best deals out there.

February 12, 2007 8:24:19 PM

8) Needs an MS logo though.
February 12, 2007 8:32:01 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.




Better? :lol: 
February 12, 2007 8:45:59 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.




Better? :lol: 

LOVE IT!! :D  :D  :D 
February 12, 2007 8:56:17 PM

:trophy:
:tongue:
February 12, 2007 9:20:40 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.




Better? :lol: 

LOVE IT!! :D  :D  :D 

YOU WIN!!!! :D 

here have a cookie!!
February 12, 2007 10:52:08 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.


I would belay that buy order for about 3 weeks. My crystal ball says AMD will continue to bleed for at least that long with a bottom coming at about 13 and change.

Buy-in at that point and ride it up to about a 18-20% profit with the rest of the speculators and momentum traders--and get out--ahead of the Q1 report. Then, if you really had a pair, you'd get yourself some sell options with your winnings and ride that duck all the way back down to it's new bottom of $11 (+/- a few nickles) after a weaker than expected Q1 report.

Oh, and the Capt FTW :lol: 
February 13, 2007 12:22:01 AM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.

For all the downside with AMD at the moment, I think their is a big upside to be realized. Even if they loose 10% of the CPU Market share this year they are still a strong company at this price so I don't see it getting much worse. ATI is releasing stuff that should help also.


If I were you, I'd wait another 2.5 months. AMD's Q1 earnings are going to suck donkey balls. If you think 14.69 is low, you haven't seen anything yet. And AMD is going to have to charge (again) the ATI purchase. So look for another loss in the current quarter.

It wouldn't surprise me to see AMD stock at about $11 when AMD reports it's Q1 earnings. That'll be the time to buy!

Q2 earnings will probably be nasty too... but the R600 might offset some of the poor CPU numbers. At any rate, AMD's stock is going to continue to decline for a good while longer.

That's just my assessment of the situation. Could be wrong...
February 13, 2007 12:22:12 AM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.


I would belay that buy order for about 3 weeks. My crystal ball says AMD will continue to bleed for at least that long with a bottom coming at about 13 and change.

Buy-in at that point and ride it up to about a 18-20% profit with the rest of the speculators and momentum traders--and get out--ahead of the Q1 report. Then, if you really had a pair, you'd get yourself some sell options with your winnings and ride that duck all the way back down to it's new bottom of $11 (+/- a few nickles) after a weaker than expected Q1 report.

Oh, and the Capt FTW :lol: 

Are you sure your crystal ball is calibrated correctly? $11 a share, you do know that AMD acquired ATI. ATI will be releasing DX10 cards and new chipsets.

Of course I bought Intel stock at about 18.25 a share and predicted it would be at 27 a share by May, but don't see that happening now and already dumped a third of it at 21.98 to use for AMD. I am pretty bullish on computers because of Vista, New technologies, and software is actually coming out that can benifit from upgrades.

The price war sucks.
February 13, 2007 12:30:46 AM

Yeah, but they aren't releasing the R600 until NEXT quarter. The latest rumors say the end of March. So he's right, Q1 will still shape up to be a nasty one for AMD. And I don't see the R600 selling fabulously because ATI doesn't plan on releasing mid-range cards simultaneously and that's where the money is. Not a whole lot of people or OEM's buy high end cards. So count on Q2 sucking too.

Q3 will be AMD's come back quarter. (Hopefully)
February 13, 2007 1:34:27 AM


You've got to be kidding me. :lol:  So, will this be the end of AMD? :lol: 

Don't tell that to Intel... They (Intel) lost 30% in Q1 of 2003, lost 30% again between Q2 and Q3 of 2004, and lost 30% again in Q2 of 2005. 8O 8O 8O

Note: Stock rebounds intentionally left out... Now ask yourself why.
February 13, 2007 2:21:49 AM

For all the opinions above, I will give mine.

AMD stock is going straight to the depths of hell. They are carrying too much debt, their margins are in decline and they have pissed off many a wall street analyst lately (as wll as a multitude of investors). Not to menttion intel is not showing any signs of loosening the screws anytime soon.

Do you think a likely marginally better (than intel) product is gonna be enough to immediately turn AMD stock skyward? I think not. Look at how awesome Core 2 was and intel isn't even up $5 a share and that was released back in July.

The sad truth is that AMD has let us all down (customers, investors and analysts.) Once you lose the faith, it takes alot to get it back -- As intel is finding out now.

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I just don't see how AMD is gonna recover any meaningful market value this year.
February 13, 2007 2:21:58 AM

Quote:
A year over year decline is not a loss.... a loss is when you expend more money than what you bring in.... Intel has not had a losing quarter in 15 years.


Alas, AMD posted a loss of nearly 1/2 billion last quarter, including the ATI acquisition related charges, excluding those they still had an operational loss of 0.04/share. In otherwords, the were in the red based on the quarter revenue - costs for producing goods in Q4.... this is a loss.

Jack

You are over-analyzing the topic. :lol:  He simply stated AMD lost 30%. I simply stated that so had Intel. It is cyclical. Unless, of course, you really believe AMD will soon go under. Do you believe that?
February 13, 2007 2:36:45 AM

Quote:
A year over year decline is not a loss.... a loss is when you expend more money than what you bring in.... Intel has not had a losing quarter in 15 years.


Alas, AMD posted a loss of nearly 1/2 billion last quarter, including the ATI acquisition related charges, excluding those they still had an operational loss of 0.04/share. In otherwords, the were in the red based on the quarter revenue - costs for producing goods in Q4.... this is a loss.

Jack

You are over-analyzing the topic. :lol:  He simply stated AMD lost 30%. I simply stated that so had Intel. It is cyclical. Unless, of course, you really believe AMD will soon go under. Do you believe that?

Not that you're asking my opinion or anything, but there has been a major shift in investor expectations since 9/11. Investors want to see (in my opinion) ridiculous growth and maximum margins. In the days preceeding 9/11 marginal growth was acceptable. Long gone are those days. Case and point: Home Depot's Nardelli. Home Depot was well on its way to backruptcy before he took over... he comes in and turns Home Depot into a cash cow. But then they turn around and fire him because growth isn't where they want it to be. Nardelli was smart to negotiate that $200 million life raft. He got shafted and all of the Fortune 500 knows it.

I'm not saying I think AMD will go under, but don't be surprised if Ruiz gets axed if he doesn't turn AMD around this year. I've said it time and time again, a 2 year plan for growth is 1 year too many in the chip busienss. We are (unfortunately) in an age where investors want to see things happen very quickly. Pretty soon investors are going to start asking Ruiz tough questions... like why Intel was able to turn things around so fast and AMD hasn't. Or like why the purchase of ATI hasn't shown investors diddly squat. Let me be clear, Ruiz's direction with AMD WILL pay off... but I'm worried he won't be around to see it.

HP's CEO Mark Hurd is currently reaping the benefits of Fiorina's 5 year plan. Again, investors got frustrated with her because it was 2 years too long. But make no mistake, HP is the giant today because of Fiorina. Investors are little more forgiving on large corporations like HP, but they won't be as forgiving on a small chip company like AMD.
February 13, 2007 3:43:09 AM

I've been meaning to ask... judging by your avatar you're a harry potter fan. So my question is, did you see Radcliffe's appearance on BBC's "Extras"? If not, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQGqklVJyuQ

It's fcuking hilarious. The kid has a great sense of humor.
February 13, 2007 3:54:31 AM

oh
February 13, 2007 7:58:02 AM

First of all thank you all very much for the prizes and the cookie was absolutely delicious. :D 

Second: AMD ATI buy to pay off in 09.

I dunno what AMD expects to do between now and then, but maybe they can just use smoke and mirrors to stay alive.

I do not believe that AMD will go teats to the sky now or anytime soon, but you really do have to wonder what is going on in the boardroom that is resulting in these tragic missteps and stockprice meltdown... $14.69 and dropping! Maybe AXA wasn't as stupid as might be believed to BAIL!

Ratios
AMD Industry
P/E (TTM) NM 26.12
P/S (TTM) 1.43 4.21
ROI (TTM) 1.81 13.84
ROE (TTM) 3.62 15.10

I'm not a stock whiz, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to look at these AMD Ratios and determine that

AMD Industry
EPS (MRQ) vs Qtr. 1 Yr. Ago -610.62 12.48

Isn't exactly inspiring performance!
February 13, 2007 9:10:34 PM

That makes sense... AMD charged $500,000,000 (or there abouts) to the AMD-ATI merger last quarter. So if you do the math, that comes out to be about 2.5 years until they pay off the debt. Right?
February 13, 2007 9:23:41 PM

Quote:
That makes sense... AMD charged $500,000,000 (or there abouts) to the AMD-ATI merger last quarter. So if you do the math, that comes out to be about 2.5 years until they pay off the debt. Right?


Yeah, but it depends if they have the ca$h to pay for it. Their market cap right now of just under $8 billion is pitiful. At $10/share their cap matches the cost of the ATI buyout which effectively means that AMD is only worth ATI.
February 13, 2007 11:01:39 PM

We have known for a long time that AMD is worthless and you my friends have just proven this fact to us! Everyone can relax now "Intel Rules" ! :D 

The only reason for a thread such as this is started is to bash AMD.

Never have I seen such bias as the Intel fanboy's of THG forums demonstrate. You guys are as bad as politicians "naw" you are worse than politicians.
What you guys may not realize is ( no competition = stagnation) AMD folds the rest of the industry will follow suite in time. Imagine a world with no computers or $2500.00 4mhz processors? I can! Been there done that!
Free enterprise is never free, it is fueled by the risk that companies like AMD take(( a very large one, (very brazen) in todays market)) that makes free enterprise work!

Little do we think of the consequences of our words and actions, if we did there would be no remorse in this world.

“Right or Wrong is always dependent on the context.”

:D  "Viva Capitalism" :D 
February 14, 2007 2:27:25 AM

Quote:
Little do we think of the consequences of our words and actions, if we did there would be no remorse in this world.


are you attempting to be philosophical in a CPU thread? LOL.

this forum is not filled with "intel fan boys." after being here for going on 6 years now there's a very good balance of AMD and Intel fan boys. and the majority of us realize the benefit of having a tough competitor like AMD. we're not as stupid as you think we are.
February 14, 2007 4:31:44 AM

Quote:
We have known for a long time that AMD is worthless and you my friends have just proven this fact to us! Everyone can relax now "Intel Rules" ! :D 

The only reason for a thread such as this is started is to bash AMD.

Never have I seen such bias as the Intel fanboy's of THG forums demonstrate. You guys are as bad as politicians "naw" you are worse than politicians.
What you guys may not realize is ( no competition = stagnation) AMD folds the rest of the industry will follow suite in time. Imagine a world with no computers or $2500.00 4mhz processors? I can! Been there done that!
Free enterprise is never free, it is fueled by the risk that companies like AMD take(( a very large one, (very brazen) in todays market)) that makes free enterprise work!

Little do we think of the consequences of our words and actions, if we did there would be no remorse in this world.

“Right or Wrong is always dependent on the context.”

:D  "Viva Capitalism" :D 


Dear Sir (firoth):

1) I'm typing this on a San Diego 3700 and haven't had a personal system with an Intel chip for several years. My next build's CPU manufacturer is still TBA.

2) I didn't start this thread, however in a CPU forum IMHO it is highly appropriate to discuss the market fortunes of the manufacturers.

3) I haven't proved anything about AMD's worth. Wall St. has proven it. If your "Viva Capitalism" is not uttered in sarcasm, you will agree that market forces are the ultimate determinant of the accurate value of any public company.

4) When Ken Lay et al. drive Enron into the ground and steal billions, I reserve the right to comment on their blind greed. When AMD's board turns the net, non-ATI value of their company to Wall St. pocket change on the way to making it zero, I reserve the right to comment on their blind stupidity. They took brazen risks. And lost. Happens all the time. Still doesn't make it honorable or strategically intelligent. Second place is still the greatest of the losers.

5) I like to think that if I have to compare myself to a politician, it would be Nathan Petrelli. Yeah, I've got some skeletons in my closet and probably a kid or two somewhere that I don't know about. But I CAN FLY! :lol: 
February 14, 2007 4:41:10 AM

Quote:
I've been meaning to ask... judging by your avatar you're a harry potter fan. So my question is, did you see Radcliffe's appearance on BBC's "Extras"? If not, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQGqklVJyuQ

It's fcuking hilarious. The kid has a great sense of humor.


Breaking the typecast?
February 14, 2007 10:42:44 AM

he is. he's in the middle of a completey nude play/production in London right now. he's still only 17.

good for him.
February 14, 2007 1:01:13 PM

Quote:
are you attempting to be philosophical in a CPU thread? LOL.

this forum is not filled with "intel fan boys." after being here for going on 6 years now there's a very good balance of AMD and Intel fan boys. and the majority of us realize the benefit of having a tough competitor like AMD. we're not as stupid as you think we are.


Are you discussing ecnomics in a CPU thread? LOL :) 

Based on what I have seen in the last 3 months I would have to say that there is an strong Intel bias present at THG forums, however, I am sure that had I been arround 1 year ago it could have very well been an AMD bias. Observable facts will always overrule consensus.
I never assume any one is stupid! Misguided maybe, never stupid. I do bellieve that this thread should be in an ecnomic forum somewhere Not here! But that is just a personal opinion and we all know what that means. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
_


_____________________________
“Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living and the other helps you make a life.”
February 14, 2007 1:39:45 PM

Quote:


Dear Sir (firoth):

1) I'm typing this on a San Diego 3700 and haven't had a personal system with an Intel chip for several years. My next build's CPU manufacturer is still TBA.

2) I didn't start this thread, however in a CPU forum IMHO it is highly appropriate to discuss the market fortunes of the manufacturers.

3) I haven't proved anything about AMD's worth. Wall St. has proven it. If your "Viva Capitalism" is not uttered in sarcasm, you will agree that market forces are the ultimate determinant of the accurate value of any public company.

4) When Ken Lay et al. drive Enron into the ground and steal billions, I reserve the right to comment on their blind greed. When AMD's board turns the net, non-ATI value of their company to Wall St. pocket change on the way to making it zero, I reserve the right to comment on their blind stupidity. They took brazen risks. And lost. Happens all the time. Still doesn't make it honorable or strategically intelligent. Second place is still the greatest of the losers.

5) I like to think that if I have to compare myself to a politician, it would be Nathan Petrelli. Yeah, I've got some skeletons in my closet and probably a kid or two somewhere that I don't know about. But I CAN FLY! :lol: 




1. I am typing this on a P4E 3.06 I also own an AMD 2200 and Intel P740 as for up grades waiting to see what Barcelona really has.

2 You were the last in line so you were the target. Guess I should have targeted the originator. Sorry if I offended you. :oops: 

3.I do agree that market forces are the ultimate determinant in the value of any company no matter how misguided they may be. The real driving force behind the market at this time is greed. In the old days greed was always there but was tempered with compassion.

4.The differences between Enron and AMD are as follows: Enrons schemes were motivated by greed nothing else can be said. AMD aquisition of ATI was motivated by survival (in view of the Intel Core2 release) and stratigic positioning in the market place. IMHO this move was not well timed, however only time will tell if it was a good onel. The Race is not over yet!

5.Some of the forum participants remind me of some of the things I've seen on C-Span, usless talking points, thus the comparison to politicians.
How far and how fast?
February 14, 2007 2:42:49 PM

Quote:

1. I am typing this on a P4E 3.06 I also own an AMD 2200 and Intel P740 as for up grades waiting to see what Barcelona really has.

2 You were the last in line so you were the target. Guess I should have targeted the originator. Sorry if I offended you. :oops: 

3.I do agree that market forces are the ultimate determinant in the value of any company no matter how misguided they may be. The real driving force behind the market at this time is greed. In the old days greed was always there but was tempered with compassion.

4.The differences between Enron and AMD are as follows: Enrons schemes were motivated by greed nothing else can be said. AMD aquisition of ATI was motivated by survival (in view of the Intel Core2 release) and stratigic positioning in the market place. IMHO this move was not well timed, however only time will tell if it was a good onel. The Race is not over yet!

5.Some of the forum participants remind me of some of the things I've seen on C-Span, usless talking points, thus the comparison to politicians.
How far and how fast?


1. I'm in the same position. I'm getting a 2xQuad in Q3 and I would like nothing better than be working on two sizzling Barcys. But price/performance ratio is my religion, so whoever's got the best bang gets my bux.

2. Absolutely no offense taken. If you see the tone of the vast majority of my posts, you'll realize that I'm tongue in cheek 99.9% of the time.

3. "In the old days greed was always there but was tempered with compassion." Hmm... considering that history is rife with robber barons, conquistadores and genocidal maniacs, we must be in really bad shape now! :wink:

4. The ballyhooed purchase of ATI is something that I strongly object to from a business strategy standpoint. Wall St. has spanked AMD by reducing its non-ATI market cap at about $2.5 Billion. That is barely 2% of Intel's cap. You don't need a Harvard MBA to conclude that you don't make a major buyout if that effectively zeroes out the value of the company that's doing the buying. In the semiconductor field, $2.5 Billion won't buy you a good fab, let alone pay the bills and keep your payroll going.

5. I can only disclose what has been seen publicly. Once it was just a simple jump to keep my bro Peter from splatting and the other time was to get away from HRG and the Haitian. During the latter I shot straight up @ approx. 1500 feet per sec, then turned parallel to the ground and went supersonic in less than half a second.
February 14, 2007 2:54:12 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking about buying AMD stock. It is looking pretty ripe for the picking.

For all the downside with AMD at the moment, I think their is a big upside to be realized. Even if they loose 10% of the CPU Market share this year they are still a strong company at this price so I don't see it getting much worse. ATI is releasing stuff that should help also.


If I were you, I'd wait another 2.5 months. AMD's Q1 earnings are going to suck donkey balls. If you think 14.69 is low, you haven't seen anything yet. And AMD is going to have to charge (again) the ATI purchase. So look for another loss in the current quarter.

It wouldn't surprise me to see AMD stock at about $11 when AMD reports it's Q1 earnings. That'll be the time to buy!

Q2 earnings will probably be nasty too... but the R600 might offset some of the poor CPU numbers. At any rate, AMD's stock is going to continue to decline for a good while longer.

That's just my assessment of the situation. Could be wrong...

Well, unless you have more reasons to think that, it seems unlikely. I think the market on the whole expects Q1 to look bad, and is looking past that already. It's often said the market tends to guess (and trade) with a 6-12 month time horizon. It's a guessing game, and the market is trying to guess at the future, not 2 months, but 10, etc.
February 14, 2007 3:43:35 PM

You have worked up to .1% serious now that must be a 10x (1000%) improvement maybe we should put you charge of AMD and increase the share price by an equal percentage.
February 14, 2007 4:32:19 PM

You have to take wallstreet with a grain of salt. The two primary drivers are fear and greed. When you let wallstreet and investors dictate how to run your business it is like the tail wagging the dog. I work for General Motors and what they were doing to our stock was a scam! They had our market cap at 11 Billion dollars. Toyota has a market cap of over 150 billion dollars. That is way out of hand irregardless of the current financial states of the companies (GM sells more cars than Toyota). AMD will see some of that too (remember--fear and greed). The investors want money now, not in the third quarter of 2009 so they may not wait for a good plan to take time to pay off.
February 14, 2007 7:07:58 PM

Quote:
Wombat, your a genius. What rock have you been under for the last 3 months?
Its no secret C2D is smokeing AMD on the enthusiest side, no doubt.
Its also no secret AMD is content as their manufacturing already cannot keep up with demand.
AMD is also moving into several other markets quickly. They are working on the fusion processors and they just released a cel phone processor for example.
Link please! That i find impossible to believe. :roll:
February 14, 2007 7:35:56 PM

Quote:
Wombat, your a genius. What rock have you been under for the last 3 months?
Its no secret C2D is smokeing AMD on the enthusiest side, no doubt.
Its also no secret AMD is content as their manufacturing already cannot keep up with demand.
AMD is also moving into several other markets quickly. They are working on the fusion processors and they just released a cel phone processor for example.
Link please! That i find impossible to believe. :roll:

happen to have this one handy

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News...

There are more out there


___________________

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.
February 14, 2007 7:41:52 PM

Quote:
Wombat, your a genius. What rock have you been under for the last 3 months?
Its no secret C2D is smokeing AMD on the enthusiest side, no doubt.
Its also no secret AMD is content as their manufacturing already cannot keep up with demand.
AMD is also moving into several other markets quickly. They are working on the fusion processors and they just released a cel phone processor for example.
Link please! That i find impossible to believe. :roll:

happen to have this one handy

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News...

There are more out there


___________________

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.I didn't see anywhere that AMD said they are content. That is linked to an AMD fanboy site....not exactly the place to get unbiased opinions. :roll: Keep digging if you want to defend this notion.
February 14, 2007 8:47:17 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.




Better? :lol: 

What are the chances of making that oh... say 1280x1024, or 1024x768?? :twisted:
February 15, 2007 3:38:21 PM

Quote:
Wombat, your a genius. What rock have you been under for the last 3 months?
Its no secret C2D is smokeing AMD on the enthusiest side, no doubt.
Its also no secret AMD is content as their manufacturing already cannot keep up with demand.
AMD is also moving into several other markets quickly. They are working on the fusion processors and they just released a cel phone processor for example.
Link please! That i find impossible to believe. :roll:

happen to have this one handy

http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News...

There are more out there


___________________

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.I didn't see anywhere that AMD said they are content. That is linked to an AMD fanboy site....not exactly the place to get unbiased opinions. :roll: Keep digging if you want to defend this notion.

It doesn't say AMD is content but it is a standard press release also available on financial sites.

http://in.us.biz.yahoo.com/bw/070213/20070212006511.html?.v=1
February 15, 2007 3:51:33 PM

AMD is down 1.3% in an up NASDAQ. No commentary. Just a newsflash. 8)

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.




Better? :lol: 

What are the chances of making that oh... say 1280x1024, or 1024x768?? :twisted:

Problem is that the source photo is 507x428. If I can find a bigger source photo I could do it no prob. If not, I'd have to increase the size of this one to fit and the granularity would be butt ugly. :lol: 
February 15, 2007 4:03:11 PM

Thats what I was worried about. I'll try to find a larger source pic.
February 15, 2007 4:06:40 PM

Quote:
Thats what I was worried about. I'll try to find a larger source pic.


If you come up with one, post the URL and I'll be glad to rework it into any wallpaper size you want! :D 
February 15, 2007 4:08:19 PM

Quote:
Thats what I was worried about. I'll try to find a larger source pic.


Or perhaps make one yourself :p  :lol: 
February 15, 2007 4:12:38 PM

Quote:
Thats what I was worried about. I'll try to find a larger source pic.


Or perhaps make one yourself :p  :lol: 

My problem is that if I take a photo of myself in that pose then people will mistake me for you! :p  :lol: 
!