Your question

AMD stock has tanked 30% in the last quarter - Page 2

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 15, 2007 4:34:36 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.

Better? :lol: 

What are the chances of making that oh... say 1280x1024, or 1024x768?? :twisted:

Awesome pic guys! :lol: 
February 15, 2007 5:09:16 PM

Quote:
8) Needs an MS logo though.

Better? :lol: 

What are the chances of making that oh... say 1280x1024, or 1024x768?? :twisted:

Awesome pic guys! :lol: I still like this one.

:D 
February 15, 2007 5:15:46 PM

Hang on!!!! Single digit stock prices here we come again.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 15, 2007 5:21:33 PM

Quote:

As soon as AMD enters single digits, the market cap of the company will be exactly the purchase price of ATI. That means that the whole of what we knew as AMD isn't worth a plugged nickel.
February 15, 2007 5:29:37 PM

Quote:

As soon as AMD enters single digits, the market cap of the company will be exactly the purchase price of ATI. That means that the whole of what we knew as AMD isn't worth a plugged nickel.

lol!

I should be so lucky! I do the very diverse holdings strategy, with little trading, so AMD is around 1% of my holdings. If traders can drive it down (it would be traders doing that) to single digits, I'll rebalance (double) my AMD! that would be pleasant.

Even though it hasn't fallen much since a year ago, Intel is more dissappointing, exactly because if better managed it should be up at $25 with the great C2duo! I wish I had sold my shares when Paul O. became the CEO!

Re the AMD stock price, I really doubt it get's below $14, unless the Nasdaq tanks or there is a recession.
February 15, 2007 5:31:52 PM

Here's the biggest HeadinAss Pic I could find. I don't think its big enough though. Maybe...
February 15, 2007 5:32:53 PM

Quote:
Re the AMD stock price, I really doubt it get's below $14, unless the Nasdaq tanks or there is a recession.

Well, NASDAQ is up today and AMD is still down.
February 15, 2007 5:39:20 PM

Quote:

I think the market is expecting AMD to lose money in the near term. In fact, the capital of AMD (with ATi) is more than $10B, quoting from the annual report from AMD.
February 15, 2007 5:46:39 PM

Quote:

What else is new?
February 15, 2007 6:02:34 PM

Quote:
Here's the biggest HeadinAss Pic I could find. I don't think its big enough though. Maybe...

Quick and dirty, but here it is. The background was a bear because the pic was very low res. 1024x768 is the furthest I can stretch it without it turning into a field of onions. Enjoy!

February 15, 2007 6:04:54 PM

Quote:
I think the market is expecting AMD to lose money in the near term. In fact, the capital of AMD (with ATi) is more than $10B, quoting from the annual report from AMD.

AMD Market Cap Right Now: $8.12B
February 15, 2007 6:05:43 PM

Quote:

Market Capital is not the same as asset :wink:
February 15, 2007 6:09:13 PM

Sweet! Thanks. I could probably have done that in GIMP, but it would have taken me hours, as a graphic artist I am not.
February 15, 2007 6:16:10 PM

Quote:
Sweet! Thanks. I could probably have done that in GIMP, but it would have taken me hours, as a graphic artist I am not.

No prob! Have fun!

Quote:

Value of Intangible Asset = Value of Market Cap. – Value of Net Worth.

How many intangibles does AMD have? 8O
February 15, 2007 7:16:00 PM

Duh! you would hardly find it on an Intel site!
The same story was in the Albuquerque Journal 2/13/07 Financial Section.

Click on any of the numbers below each will take you to a different site.

I really need to get out more!
February 15, 2007 8:37:29 PM

Quote:

The assets of AMD is $13B the current liabilities reduces that to just over the $10B you mention. What you fail to mention is the long term liabilities (can we say ATI purchase) are an additional $4+B which brings it down to $6B. The market appears to say it has $2.+B in value beyond the big garage sale value.
February 15, 2007 10:53:31 PM

Quote:
Well, unless you have more reasons to think that, it seems unlikely. I think the market on the whole expects Q1 to look bad, and is looking past that already. It's often said the market tends to guess (and trade) with a 6-12 month time horizon. It's a guessing game, and the market is trying to guess at the future, not 2 months, but 10, etc.

LOL. Right. That's why AMD's stock has been stumbling since it's Q4 earnings. Yeah... the market and investors were sure looking 10 months ahead on that one. Wallstreet is all about instant gratification these days.

I know what you're saying, but it's not 100% true all the time. Who could have predicted 9/11? Trust me, AMD's stock will fall to at least $13 in the next 5 months. You can quote me on it.
February 16, 2007 4:33:59 AM

Quote:
I know what you're saying, but it's not 100% true all the time. Who could have predicted 9/11? Trust me, AMD's stock will fall to at least $13 in the next 5 months. You can quote me on it.

My crystal ball says single digits within 12 months. Let's see what happens!
February 16, 2007 11:13:31 AM

Yeah but why???
February 16, 2007 11:15:17 AM

Quote:
Yeah but why???

Because.
February 16, 2007 11:28:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah but why???

Because.Sounds like the dialogue between my dad and i when i was a young teenager. :D 
February 16, 2007 11:59:44 AM

Quote:
Sounds like the dialogue between my dad and i when i was a young teenager. :D 

... yeah, about 30 seconds before my old man would punch my lights out! Ah, such tender memories of sweet childhood! :evil: 
February 16, 2007 12:34:45 PM

I did not know that THG fourmz were for posting about stocks, take this crap to e-trade and talk about it there.
February 16, 2007 12:34:51 PM

Quote:

My crystal ball says single digits within 12 months. Let's see what happens!

When AMD hits single digits itn't that relevant but 12 months is about right. Suffice it to say AMD is well on their way to a single digit stock and as their cash situation tightens the rate of decline will accelerate rapidly. Within 6 months they are going to be in serious cash trouble and may end up selling off business units to survive.

Now the big speculative question is does Hector (A) get the axe before they pass the single digit mark, (B) after the they pass the single digit mark, or (C) not at all.
February 16, 2007 1:20:16 PM

Quote:
I did not know that THG fourmz were for posting about stocks, take this crap to e-trade and talk about it there.

We're not discussing Exxon or Ford, in case you haven't noticed! Don't you think that the status of the CPU manufacturers has anything to do with that expensive little square thing in the middle of your motherboard? :roll: :lol: 
February 16, 2007 1:21:55 PM

Quote:
When AMD hits single digits itn't that relevant but 12 months is about right. Suffice it to say AMD is well on their way to a single digit stock and as their cash situation tightens the rate of decline will accelerate rapidly. Within 6 months they are going to be in serious cash trouble and may end up selling off business units to survive.

Now the big speculative question is does Hector (A) get the axe before they pass the single digit mark, (B) after the they pass the single digit mark, or (C) not at all.

If the speculation about private equity dudes sniffin' around is correct, the axes will be swingin' like they were attached to helicopter blades! AMD in the hands of the "private equities" would be a fate considerably worse than death.
February 16, 2007 1:52:42 PM

Quote:

If the speculation about private equity dudes sniffin' around is correct, the axes will be swingin' like they were attached to helicopter blades! AMD in the hands of the "private equities" would be a fate considerably worse than death.

I did read a bit about private equity firms steering clear oF AMD so I would doubt we see a "white knight" rescue of AMD which is good. Private equity would be a disaster for AMD because they are typically run by accountant type where the first cuts will be R&D as "non-essential to current operations" which means the end of the road for a chip company.
February 16, 2007 2:06:59 PM

Quote:
I did read a bit about private equity firms steering clear oF AMD so I would doubt we see a "white knight" rescue of AMD which is good. Private equity would be a disaster for AMD because they are typically run by accountant type where the first cuts will be R&D as "non-essential to current operations" which means the end of the road for a chip company.

A bunch of sharp-pencil auditors could eviscerate AMD within days. They'll determine that the best market segment to be in (because of volume) is as the manufacturer of the CPU for the $100 notebook and Adios K10! 8O
February 16, 2007 4:05:33 PM

Quote:

A bunch of sharp-pencil auditors could eviscerate AMD within days. They'll determine that the best market segment to be in (because of volume) is as the manufacturer of the CPU for the $100 notebook and Adios K10! 8O

Yes it would be over real quick. Tech and drug companies should never be headed up by accountants they cannot see beyond a quarterly statement. Long range strategic planning is reducing taxable income for the current fiscal year
February 16, 2007 6:56:06 PM

It's a shame that with all their smarts they can't see past the spreadsheet!!!
      • 2 / 2
!