MSBlast affected my Win2k Advance Server

rommel

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

My Win2k Advance server was affected by the MSBlast worm
virus. The effect it made was the computer restart before
I even log on - making it impossible to apply the patch or
fix. What should I do? Is there a way? PLEASE HELP!!!
SOS!!!

You may need to boot into safe mode (tap F8 while it's booting, before
Windows splashscreen) to remove it. If you don't have time to run this
tool normally, then boot to safe mode and give it a shot or manually
remove it.

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 04:15:10 -0700, Rommel wrote:

> My Win2k Advance server was affected by the MSBlast worm
> virus. The effect it made was the computer restart before
> I even log on - making it impossible to apply the patch or
> fix. What should I do? Is there a way? PLEASE HELP!!!
> SOS!!!

Check this document from Microsoft Product Support Services, including a
link to a BlasterFix tool. (You may need to download this to a separate
machine and sneakernet it to the server using a floppy or CD.)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/alerts/msblaster.mspx

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Rommel" <rhomel101@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> My Win2k Advance server was affected by the MSBlast worm
> virus. The effect it made was the computer restart before
> I even log on - making it impossible to apply the patch or
> fix. What should I do? Is there a way? PLEASE HELP!!!
> SOS!!!

In addition to the other replies:

You need a firewall protecting your network, and you need to be running
Windows Update regularly for all critical patches - on your server and all
workstations. The patch for this came out a long time ago!