Memory or Motherboard Problem

Stone9

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Sometimes when I bootup, my memory test doesn't start/finish, it just kinds hangs. Then I reset and it runs fine. However, sometimes my machine just stalls and I get no output to the screen... other times, i get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen.

I tested my memory using windows memory test and MemTest86 and it passed the test. Is this a motherboard problem or Memory problem or a voltage problem?

I thought it was the motherboard, so I had it replaced with the same model, but I still have the same error.

The mobo is an ECS P965T-A with the latest BIOS I could find on the website. The RAM is 2GB of OCZ Dual Channel 800MHz non-ECC Gold Edition.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Sirfiroth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
Check to be sure video card and memory are seated properly. Also could be a PSU problem. However it could be a ECS problem. After restart does it run alright?

Stone9

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
I've reseated everything a couple times and even moved around the two DIMMs between the 4 slots, but no luck :)

How would I know if it was a PSU problem? I'm using the factory default CMOS settings from ECS.

After restart it does run fine, but maybe a couple reboots later, the same error occurs, if I haven't had the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error...

Anything else I should try? I'll try anything!