log on id privileges too secure - user can't log on/locked..

Security privileges were revised resulting with user logon
error, message displayed says user does not have
interactive logon rights. Screen then returns to log on
page.

I do not know any passwords that may be available for
other log on id's (admin, administrator, etc.) But,
security options were revised for other users too.

How can I log on to the machine to change security options
for users?
1 answer Last reply
More about privileges secure user locked

    Someone messed with the user rights for logon locally or deny logon locally. If this
    is a domain, go the Group Policy or security policy that was configured and make sure
    that for logon locally the users and administrators group is present and that for
    deny logon locally it is set to enabled without any user/group or add just the guest
    account to that user right. You can find the user rights in computer
    configuration/Windows settings/security settings/local policies user rights. keep in
    mind that policies are applied in this order local>site>domain>OU>child OU. The last
    applied setting where there are multiple policies with the same defined settings
    applies. I would check Domain Security Policy first. If you change a user right run
    secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce on the domain controller and then
    reboot the domain computer that is locked out to see if the new computer policy
    applied. --- Steve

    "charlotte" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Security privileges were revised resulting with user logon
    > error, message displayed says user does not have
    > interactive logon rights. Screen then returns to log on
    > page.
    >
    > I do not know any passwords that may be available for
    > other log on id's (admin, administrator, etc.) But,
    > security options were revised for other users too.
    >
    > How can I log on to the machine to change security options
    > for users?

Security Microsoft Error Message Windows