Case Mod: Help on AC Ryan Heatshrinkz

mrvanhes

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
So I just bought some of these "heatshrinkz" from ACRyan in an attempt to get my cables all nicely UV-lighted / sleeved, and I've gotta say I've never seen such an utter lack of documentation for a product. It's basically just ultra-violet tubing that's decently flexible... Any ideas on how I put it on? It's meant for a fan cable, and is 6mm diameter sleeving. In my position I'm just guessing by the name and assuming that something like applying heat from something like a hair drier will get it to shrink-wrap around it, but then I'll still probably have to split the sleeving in half to get it on the cabling.

Any suggestions?

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
If you have a thin needle nosed pliers or a forceps you can pop the molex connecters off by pushing down the little tabs on the inside. Also can be done with a paper clip bent straight, just do each of the four pins, one at a time.

Three pin and two pin fan connectors you just need to push down the tiny tab and pop each pin out, very easy.

Then just do as mpilch said, I don't recommend a lighter though, it seems to darken the heatshrink slightly and takes away some of the UV reactivity. A hairdryer on high heat should do it, start in the middle and work to the ends.