Firewall on Windows 2000

Hello group.

I am running a web service on Windows 2000.
It doesn't have a firewall.
Can I use the TCP/IP filtering on the adapter option to block all
traffic except for port 80?
I don't know what's the difference between TCP/IP filtering and
firewall.

Thanks.

Sam

You should read the replies to your other post. They have answered your
question. If you have more questions, post them in the same thread you
originally started, it makes it easier for those helping you to follow.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Sam Kong" <ssk@chol.net> wrote in message
> Hello group.
>
> I am running a web service on Windows 2000.
> It doesn't have a firewall.
> Can I use the TCP/IP filtering on the adapter option to block all
> traffic except for port 80?
> I don't know what's the difference between TCP/IP filtering and
> firewall.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sam

Thanks.

Actually I didn't mean to multi-post.
After I posted my original question, I couldn't find it.
Later I found out that it was attached to a thread.

Sam