How to enforce password protected screen saver globally?

How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We have
Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
--
Ann K.
5 answers Last reply

    Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
    user config - admin templates - control panel - display.

    Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
    the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.

    This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
    computers.

    hth
    DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

    "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
    > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
    have
    > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
    > --
    > Ann K.

    I changed our Default Domain Policy at 4:00pm yesterday and find this morning
    that all the XP clients are operating with the screen savers policy as
    defined in the Domain Policy. The Win2K clients are not, tehy are stillable
    to make changes to the screen saver time out and the password protection (not
    greyed out). Do you have any suggestions why this has not applied to the
    Win2K clients.

    Thanks,

    "Danny Sanders" wrote:

    > Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
    > user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
    >
    > Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
    > the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.
    >

    > This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
    > computers.
    >
    > hth
    > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    >
    > "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
    > > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
    > have
    > > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
    > > --
    > > Ann K.

    It worked for the XP clients but not the Win2k clients. Win2k is just like I
    didn't make any GPO changes. Any ideas??

    "Danny Sanders" wrote:

    > Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
    > user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
    >
    > Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
    > the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.
    >

    > This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
    > computers.
    >
    > hth
    > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    >
    > "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
    > > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
    > have
    > > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
    > > --
    > > Ann K.

    Are the Win 2k and XP clients in the same OU?

    Do the Win 2k clients point to the same DNS server?

    hth
    DDS
    > It worked for the XP clients but not the Win2k clients. Win2k is just
    like I
    > didn't make any GPO changes. Any ideas??
    >
    > "Danny Sanders" wrote:
    >
    > > Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU)
    navigate to
    > > user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
    > >
    > > Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must
    have
    > > the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time
    out.

    > > This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win
    98
    > > computers.
    > >
    > > hth
    > > DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
    > >
    > > "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use
    of
    > > > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
    > > have
    > > > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
    > > > --
    > > > Ann K.

  5. ASP.NET Ajax provide a control of password strength
    Please look at the following link

    http://www.asp.net/AJAX/AjaxControlToolkit/Samples/PasswordStrength/PasswordStrength.aspx

    Example of the above link can be found on http://nayyeri.net/blog/passwordstrength-in-asp-net-ajax-control-toolkit/

    Enjoy!