How to enforce password protected screen saver globally?

How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We have
Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
--
Ann K.

Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
user config - admin templates - control panel - display.

Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.

This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
computers.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
> password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
have
> Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
> --
> Ann K.

I changed our Default Domain Policy at 4:00pm yesterday and find this morning
that all the XP clients are operating with the screen savers policy as
defined in the Domain Policy. The Win2K clients are not, tehy are stillable
to make changes to the screen saver time out and the password protection (not
greyed out). Do you have any suggestions why this has not applied to the
Win2K clients.

Thanks,

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

> Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
> user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
>
> Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
> the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.
>

> This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
> computers.
>
> hth
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>
> "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
> > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
> have
> > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
> > --
> > Ann K.

It worked for the XP clients but not the Win2k clients. Win2k is just like I
didn't make any GPO changes. Any ideas??

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

> Open or create a group policy at the proper level (domain or OU) navigate to
> user config - admin templates - control panel - display.
>
> Set the Activate screen saver - Screen saver exe (all computers must have
> the exe for this to work) - Password protect - and screen saver time out.
>

> This only works with Win 2k and above clients. Use poledit for the Win 98
> computers.
>
> hth
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>
> "Ann K" <AnnK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I use Windows 2000 global security settigns to enforce the use of
> > password protected screen savers on a mix mode server environment? We
> have
> > Win98, Win2K and XP clients on a Win2000 SP4 server domain.
> > --
> > Ann K.

Are the Win 2k and XP clients in the same OU?

Do the Win 2k clients point to the same DNS server?

hth
DDS